Old 03-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Question Anyone thrown the Villain and Trespass?

I guess what I'm really asking, is how much more stable is the Villain in GL than the Trespass in BioFuzion? I've read that they feel similar and thrown the Trespass in all the plastics, but I'd like to pair it with something just a notch more stable that can handle some stronger headwinds (while still having respectable distance). Is the Villain true to the 12/4/0/4 numbers?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:19 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Hyzerman View Post
I guess what I'm really asking, is how much more stable is the Villain in GL than the Trespass in BioFuzion? I've read that they feel similar and thrown the Trespass in all the plastics, but I'd like to pair it with something just a notch more stable that can handle some stronger headwinds (while still having respectable distance). Is the Villain true to the 12/4/0/4 numbers?
For me the Gl Villain and my Biofuzion Trespass overlap. Keep in mind that I am picky about mold minimalism. The Villain in Gold Line does not fly 12/4/0/4, you would have to pick up a Opto to see numbers close to that. I would say that my GL Villain is a little more HSS than the Bio Trespass. To me the differences are so close that a variation in run could make the difference either way. I found the GL Villain to be more consistent and a little less nose sensitive. I hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Birdie Member

Very much so - thanks Kel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelReeves View Post
For me the Gl Villain and my Biofuzion Trespass overlap. Keep in mind that I am picky about mold minimalism. The Villain in Gold Line does not fly 12/4/0/4, you would have to pick up a Opto to see numbers close to that. I would say that my GL Villain is a little more HSS than the Bio Trespass. To me the differences are so close that a variation in run could make the difference either way. I found the GL Villain to be more consistent and a little less nose sensitive. I hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Birdie Member

How does your GL Villain do into a headwind? Same as the BF Trespass? Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelReeves View Post
Old 03-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 44
Quote:
How does your GL Villain do into a headwind? Same as the BF Trespass? Thanks again
Both will fly similar into a wind. I was trying out villains for a little bit and the GL was a lot like my trespass, but my trespass would go further. but my Opto was what I was looking for. Into a wind the Opto was straight with a nice fade to it. A Real nice disc but couldn't knock destroyers out of my bag.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Birdie Member

Yeah, sounds like I'm looking for the Opto; I'm confident the Trespass will handle most of the wind situations I encounter, but I've encountered some headwind strong enough to push it into a huge turn. I want something that won't turn, but still allows me some reasonable distance. Do you throw anything for distance more stable than your Opto Villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidClutch View Post
Both will fly similar into a wind. I was trying out villains for a little bit and the GL was a lot like my trespass, but my trespass would go further. but my Opto was what I was looking for. Into a wind the Opto was straight with a nice fade to it. A Real nice disc but couldn't knock destroyers out of my bag.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Maybe try a VIP giant if you want to stick with Swedish plastic, faster than both and more beefy than the tresspass and very reliable.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 2
I have an 8/10 170G Gold line Villian that is made out of what I believe to be an early batch of lat's recycled plastic. It doesn't have that usual gold line luster or metalicness and there are red swirls in the yellow plastic.

For me it flys about 11/4/-.5/2.5

I tried a 173g biofuzion tress pass and It was about a 12/5/-1/2. had a little more turn later in the flight a bit more glide and a bit less fade. It was also ~15-25ft longer than my GL villain.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 20
X2 on a Giant. It's beefier than Harris Ranch.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Yeah, sounds like I'm looking for the Opto; I'm confident the Trespass will handle most of the wind situations I encounter, but I've encountered some headwind strong enough to push it into a huge turn. I want something that won't turn, but still allows me some reasonable distance. Do you throw anything for distance more stable than your Opto Villain?
I when I was flirting with a all Lat/DD/Westside set up, I was throwing a giant along with my villain. The giant I found was both more stable and went further. It just has more speed and glide. The tournament giant is like a destroyer stability wise, and the VIP is a meathook! But
If you have the arm, it's Really nice for long headwind hyzers