Easiest high speed? Glo Nuke.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:02 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
LACE
End thread

Seriously, it is an amazing disc for all skill levels. I would reccomend it, especially the lighter ones, to any player, of any skill level, with a clean conscience. It does have a big rim, but whether it is the rubber material or the way it is slanted, it feels much smaller. Higher power players find it too be a bit flippy (yes, I finally am to the point where Ai can agree with that!) Which is actually good for newer players who don't have quite the snap to get a disc going at super speed.

Trust me, a Lace will do you right. Get a good, clean pull and watch that baby go! It also has way more glide than any other Vibram disc which will also serve you well. You will see good results from it, and as your skills improve you will just find it going farther and farther for you. Plus its a great value, because Vibram drivers never really wear out.

Another thing to the OP: I caution you not to "disc down" (the way that phrase is used in these forums is technically incorrect but that's an entirely different discussion) too much. If you are asking this question, it means you are already getting frustrated with progression. I would not go a whole year with just mids and putters. Keep a neutral or understable Fairway driver in your bag for those holes that you just cant reach with a mid (Leopard is a great choice since you already have one...or even better, an Underworld and a Patriot!) It wont affect your progress like some say. I bet by the end of the season you'll be stretching that Leo out well past 300 feet, even if you don't use it that much.

Try searching for a local club too. If you play league or doubles or whatever its a great place to get live, in-person advice and to try new discs. Hey, someone might even have a Lace for you to try!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:35 PM

Years Playing: 11.2
Throwing Style: RHFH
Not the Lace

I'd love to say I agree with Andy on that one... but the Lace is not for me. I'm not that big of a thrower, I can throw 300 feet on a really good day... but with the Lace it either flips up early, or it crashes hard as a meat hook. No consistency. I had my worst round of dg with it ever at the latest Vibram Birdie Bash. I ended up being the loser of the losers.

Perhaps it was just a bad day.

For me, a Krait is the best all around high speed driver... if everybody can agree that speed 11 is high speed.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 16
To me it's a light Pro Destroyer.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 54
The throton is quickly becoming my go to driver. Definitely effortless distance.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: LHBH
Blizzard Wraith is the easiest high speed disc I've thrown, but I'm too much of a newb for my vote to count. I don't throw anything bigger than a Teebird on a real course.

The Trak is a great choice for easy to throw distance in my opinion, though.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
Well I believe anything innova says, so I am going with the Thorton!! Oh d@** it made it into another thread. But my honest opinion is a blizzard wraith
Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 17
I love throwing my Blizzard Ape 150g! She's a beaut!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Not warp speed but Roadrunners can be a good distance disc for newer players or people with less power.
This or sidewinder in dx

Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 38
O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk_S View Post
I'd love to say I agree with Andy on that one... but the Lace is not for me. I'm not that big of a thrower, I can throw 300 feet on a really good day... but with the Lace it either flips up early, or it crashes hard as a meat hook. No consistency. I had my worst round of dg with it ever at the latest Vibram Birdie Bash. I ended up being the loser of the losers.

Perhaps it was just a bad day.

For me, a Krait is the best all around high speed driver... if everybody can agree that speed 11 is high speed.
I will say this: the Lace is the ONLY Vibram disc I would say has consistency issues...but they are very minor. It could have been a bad day, but it's more likely the disc just didn't click with you. Everyone has their own style. Its not your fault or Vibrams fault, just how it goes sometimes. That's why I always suggest "try before you
Buy" and the Birdie Bash is a great, cheap way to try something.

I also love Kraits. You're right that they are super easy to throw. The first time I cracked 330 feet with a true golf shot was with a Krait, and I was only throwing about 300 at the time. So I agree with that suggestion as well. I just recently (as in the last four days) took out the Kraits in favor of Saints. I found I could get the same shots with the two discs, mostly because of the Saints superior glide (for the record, the Krait has really good glide for an Innova disc) but I WOULD NOT call the Saints begginer-friendly. I only unlocked their potential when I fixed my troublesome nose angle issues.