Old 03-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 291
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Fini View Post
I live in Frankfort and am a member of J-Town... It used to be that way but I've noticed the recent trend in complete morons at Highland (one of the toughest courses in our area). When I say morons I mean 1 disc yeah but... they always seem to want to throw on you. I've been nearly hit so many times it is ridiculous. Last week I was out there and we got thrown on. The guys disc actually hit my bag which was sitting on my stool right next to me. No warning... There just seems to be a lot more of these ignorant people at Highland than there used to be. Back to the subject I have never heard the term Gomer, my friends and I just call me scrubs...
I have noticed that too at highland. The gomers are multiplying... Generally they do hang out at shorewood which I try to avoid entirely. West park is getting really bad too. I find that its easier to avoid them when you go early in the morning.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2013, 07:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 80
Agreed. This is a chucker, helmet, joker, clown etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by truk View Post
"dump trash everywhere, scribble sharpie all over the tee signs and baskets, and generally skulk around like you don't even want to be there."
Old 03-30-2013, 08:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 0.1
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddedcoconut View Post
I dont mean to come off as a jerk here. But come on, man up to it and do something to change it. Introduce yourself and explain the flow of the game and invite them to a casual league or doubles night. Explain some things that they dont know and how they can affect other people that might be out on the course with them. Why is it that people just want to cry and get mad about certain things but then never do anything to change them? Understand that people play the game for different reasons and thats ok. The courses are in public parks, not your private property. Everybody has a right to be there, man up and do something about it. As long as you are pleasant than people will be receptive. I thought disc golf wasn't supposed to be elitist? jesus christ.....
I agree, nobody will say anything to anybody anymore
Old 03-30-2013, 09:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.7
Courses Played: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
It's been pointed out in this thread already but...Just because you think the "chuckers" need help with their game doesn't mean they want help with their game.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 52
One disc wanderer
city flicker
Old 03-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC AceHole View Post
I have noticed that too at highland. The gomers are multiplying... Generally they do hang out at shorewood which I try to avoid entirely. West park is getting really bad too. I find that its easier to avoid them when you go early in the morning.
I always go in the morning or ur get high schoolers and youngins riding you all day. I mean me and my buddy play quick but we are polite and don't throw on people and don't ask to play through we wait until its offered. But we call them frolfateers.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 41
When I first started playing I was already pretty good. Obviously my skills had to develop but because I am smarter than other people I was able to bypass all the normal "Chucker" tendencies. Now that I am even better I find it quite tedious tolerating all of the irritating weekend golfers.

In general, I only enjoy being around people who meet my standards. I would be all for requiring a written test and license for all disc golfers. Exceptions can be made for experienced players and newcomers that are pre-approved by people like me.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 24
In my opinion, golfers who are not interested in donating league fees or tourney entries and simply want to play a game are little better than litterbugs, graffiti artists, and irresponsible dog owners.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Team Borderland

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 75
Googan seems like an appropriate term. I think I'm going to start using that. Although, around New England, it's not a huge problem.

http://tvblogs.nationalgeographic.co...t-be-a-googan/

Old 03-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
When I first started playing I was already pretty good. Obviously my skills had to develop but because I am smarter than other people I was able to bypass all the normal "Chucker" tendencies. Now that I am even better I find it quite tedious tolerating all of the irritating weekend golfers.

In general, I only enjoy being around people who meet my standards. I would be all for requiring a written test and license for all disc golfers. Exceptions can be made for experienced players and newcomers that are pre-approved by people like me.
Well, finally someone has come out and said what we've all been thinking.....