Old 04-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 106
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to ElementZ Send a message via Skype™ to ElementZ
Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to mention this in my earlier post, but use the Browse Map Feature. It'll be your best friend when looking for courses to play.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 35
DG in Deutschland? Too much good beer good wine and good food to ingest to think about disc golf. Hell give it a shot.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Putters! Putters! Putters!

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
I don't know about disc golf, but Munich is an amazing city.
As is Berlin and Frankfurt.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 106
Send a message via AIM to ElementZ Send a message via Skype™ to ElementZ
The last thing I'd like to mention is that if anyone has a question about German disc golf outside of the courses (tournaments, players, organization, etc...), feel free to contact me! I know quite a bit about it and know quite a few of the players all over the country.

Here's the link to the main German DG website...German Disc Golf

Old 04-10-2013, 11:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 363
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave242 View Post
I'm planning to play Ostpark Rüsselsheim and Darmstadt this Friday (both right outside of Frankfurt to the south).....just to have played a couple courses in Germany. They look like decent courses from the pictures. If they blow me away, I'll let you know.
I played them as planned.

Ostpark is "nice walk in the park" sort of course that is a nice relaxing leisurely stroll playing in an pretty open park right intermingled with walking paths. Will be much more beautiful and crowded when leafy and green. Relaxing and nice......but not challenging at all . Only 2-3 holes that will challenge you to really throw accurately with properly shaped throws and punish you if you don't (hole 9 especially which is both challenging to find and challenging to play - my most memorable hole). Great recreation.....but not destination-worthy for those concerned with finding a real golf challenge.

Darmstadt was much better although still easy/non-punishing. Only a couple of fairways came even close to wooded "corridor" fairway style that I like the most, but wood lines and trees had you shaping your shots in varied and somewhat interesting ways. Not knowing all the design constraints, I am very impressed with how the designer/s maximized the potential of what was there for them to work with. I would say for an introductory level course to show-off the merits of DG without being intimidating....this course nails it. Being on a college campus (or right next to) this is perfect!

The only gripe in this regard is the layout in a couple of places. The flow/transitions of 8-9-10 are strange. The first and last hole start and end you very weirdly.....making the experience strange for players not able to overlook that. But looking at the map, maybe it is just the course kiosk that is in a weird spot compared to the first tee and last basket. Maybe that is a big dorm near the start/end that most people would be playing from rather that parking area where the kiosk is (by basket 1 & tee 3).

Last edited by Dave242; 04-10-2013 at 11:56 AM.