Old 04-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
You realize you're quoting two different people, right Osmo?
Old 04-05-2013, 12:02 PM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
You realize you're quoting two different people, right Osmo?
Yes, that is why it was edited while you were typing.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
nvm.... westside discs has not been outsold by prodigy. period. if you think so you are being a fanboy.
In my experience this isnt the case in my general area. Although i am almost perfect in the middle of all 3 DD stores so, im sure their sales do quite well there, at least recently. So im sure the closer you get to those the more youll start to see the WS stuff.

@OMM
DN and affiliate online stores are a different beast. They market well, they have a really good rep and good forum presence. They could sell whatever they wanted out of that store disc wise IMO, and Zam's subtle admission that he is less than a fan of prodigy is likely an indicator of the business relationship between DN and Prodigy. Which leads me to think that they could really care less about selling that brand or not. But they do (im assuming they do, i have no idea) because theyre leaving money on the table by not doing it. They push MVP really hard too and MVP sales in my area, are about on par with discmania, which is still behind Innova, DC, Lat, and prodigy.

Could be a regional thing, as far as WS vs Prodigy goes, but that is consistent with what I see in my area, at the shops, on the course and on social media.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
In my experience this isnt the case in my general area. Although i am almost perfect in the middle of all 3 DD stores so, im sure their sales do quite well there, at least recently. So im sure the closer you get to those the more youll start to see the WS stuff.

@OMM
DN and affiliate online stores are a different beast. They market well, they have a really good rep and good forum presence. They could sell whatever they wanted out of that store disc wise IMO, and Zam's subtle admission that he is less than a fan of prodigy is likely an indicator of the business relationship between DN and Prodigy. Which leads me to think that they could really care less about selling that brand or not. But they do (im assuming they do, i have no idea) because theyre leaving money on the table by not doing it. They push MVP really hard too and MVP sales in my area, are about on par with discmania, which is still behind Innova, DC, Lat, and prodigy.

Could be a regional thing, as far as WS vs Prodigy goes, but that is consistent with what I see in my area, at the shops, on the course and on social media.
Regionally, you may have a point, since you are able to look more closely at what is being sold around you. Overall, though, by sheer time of availability and number of affiliates selling (don't forget DT World on the West Coast and M St on the East), I would still venture to say Westside outsells Prodigy on the whole. It may not be the case in a year, but it's just a numbers game at this point.

And if I recall correctly, Zam's beef with Prodigy was that they wanted to limit their runs to each retailer initially, which didn't make sense for a large retailer like DN. Now that Prodigy is producing larger runs, DN has been pumping them on their home page and on banner ads here. I don't think there is beef. It just had to make financial sense to dedicate the time and effort to. Perhaps Zam can elaborate more, though. I am just writing what I remember him writing.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 56
Yeah, im not really clear what the probelm was/is specifically, i just remember him saying in a subtle way, that there was one. Maybe it doesnt exist anymore, idk.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 81
*double facepalm*

yay another prodigy thread.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Come on people, that stupid Nano thread is up to 20 pages and they don't even have anything to talk about yet.

Could this disc be another "Feldberg" disc?

Last edited by Mr. America; 04-06-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
Come on people, that stupid Nano thread is up to 20 pages and they don't even have anything to talk about yet.

Could this disc be another "Feldberg" disc?
I'd have a hard time believing Feldberg would help design a Speed 9 understable driver. He likes the beef.

Latitude has just most likely hit the point Discraft and Innova did. When you come out with more and more new molds, old molds get forgotten or never really picked up steam. So you slightly rework them, remarket them, and rerelease them.

Latitude's beginnings didn't have the hype and fandom that they do now. So discs like Blitz and Vision don't get much love. So why not slightly tweak the Vision, make it a tick faster, and use the "Saint" buzzword in the release marketing?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:25 AM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
I will have a fury in about a week. Ill let you all know how it flies and take some pictures.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
I will have a fury in about a week. Ill let you all know how it flies and take some pictures.
Unsure if what I received Friday from a seller I deal with over seas is a fury or not, but this is where I have received almost all my new release discs from and he hasn't let me down yet. After throwing it I'd have to say its a very nose sensitive VIP underworld with a tick more HSS. It's in gold line plastic, which means opto should be even more stable. And judging from what most people wanted the underworld to have in HSS this should be the one