Old 05-24-2013, 06:39 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
Just for reference, how far do you throw?
Not very, 280-320 average.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Another thing to note about the Vision: they retooled it sometime in the last year or so. The original Visions flew like a RoadRunner or Avenger-SS (meaning flippy with power). The new ones are now listed as -1,2; just like the Saint and Striker. The Vision and Striker were the discs that caused the advent of Parting Line Height measurement/comparison.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 45
I'm loving my 167 GL Fury. Holds an anny all the way, is a hyzer flip machine, and the glide is to die for.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 42
Loving my two Furys. Got my first ACE and broke 400 feet with them. Again, I love them. HOWEVER, they don't like head winds or left to right cross winds.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 45
Picked up a yellow max weight Opto Fury at Cloud 9 Disc Golf today as a counterpart to my 167 GL. This Opto BOMBS! It is pretty similar to the flight of a Valk, but with a boat load more glide and that just beautiful Lat flight. It is a tad more high speed stable than my 167 GL, but not as stable as a Saint. It has a stronger fade than the 167 GL, pretty similar to a Saint. It has that great S-turn flight I've been looking for to be the be my longer Cyclone. On hyzers it holds beautifully, and penetrates forward the whole flight yielding some very long hyzers (for me). Flat release produced a turnover that would flatten and then fade if given enough air. On a low anny it holds all the way. Sky anny holds a beautiful arc for about 80% of the flight, flattens and just GLIDES forward. It will barely fade if you really skied it out. Man I love this mold! For as much complaining as people did about this mold overlapping, they hit it out of the park. It may be a small gap between Saint and Vision, but it was a needed disc for throwers like me.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Birdie Member

I have been using both the Fury and the Underworld in my bag. Fury is a little more stable and faster giving me a little more distance potential than the Underworld. I have bee using the Underworld for tight wooded shots and throws that have to hit a small gap. Really like both discs. I know their is some overlap but I like the Underworld to much to pull it from the bag.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 42
Post Correction, I now have 4 Furys. I too am throwing Underworlds and Furys A LOT. When I put a slight hyzer angel on a Fury it seems to hang on my finger slightly and gives a nice loud snapping sound and then I know it's going long.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 54
The Fury sounds nice. I'll have to get one and test it against the Underworld. PM me if you have one FSOT, goldline 172/3 please
Old 05-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
I love my Saint. But I use my River for any understable needs side by side with my Saint. Seems like an unnecessary addition to me. I'd like to see a slightly overstable offering; somewhere between the Saint and XXX.
If this were to happen.....boom goes the dynamite

Old 05-27-2013, 10:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed2020 View Post
If this were to happen.....boom goes the dynamite
dgcr will break!! this will be bigger than the nexp MVP release if it ever happens and MVP threads are hard to top around here!! dang i hope they are working on this, stag was a let down ( i bagged it) but it was not stable enough. 0 3 for real on a speed 8/9 lat disc would be amazing!! c'mon tompa!!