Old 06-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.8
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
I am really starting to get the hang of my GL Fury now. I grab it more and more now and its paying off. Very straight with my power and just a little fade at the end. IMO, this is definitely a keeper.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beener View Post
Just curious, is there a Parting Line Height (PLH) difference on the two discs?

I've found with Diamonds that yellow (both OPTO and RGL) discs have slightly lower PLH than orange discs; red is an even bigger difference...
Will look
Old 06-03-2013, 06:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultx1215 View Post
I am really starting to get the hang of my GL Fury now. I grab it more and more now and its paying off. Very straight with my power and just a little fade at the end. IMO, this is definitely a keeper.
Truth here!! I want to get one a little heavier. My saint is 7/10 still fades harder than the fury, but I think the fury has better hss than the saint. But it's been a while since I have thrown a fresh saint.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.8
Courses Played: 16
Thumbs up

Used the Fury to win a mini today....methinks I had better get some more.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHFH
Starting to love this disc a lot now. Got a couple weeks ago before a tourney and didnt put in the bag. Really starting to regret that decision now. Think im pushing it an 30 ft past my normal distance. My main 3 go to drivers now are the Saint-Fury-Underworld combo.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:25 AM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowWraith View Post
Starting to love this disc a lot now. Got a couple weeks ago before a tourney and didnt put in the bag. Really starting to regret that decision now. Think im pushing it an 30 ft past my normal distance. My main 3 go to drivers now are the Saint-Fury-Underworld combo.
saint fury underworld seem like theres a ton of overlap there.... you could probably use just the fury and cover all 3 of those discs.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
saint fury underworld seem like theres a ton of overlap there.... you could probably use just the fury and cover all 3 of those discs.
I will def give that a try. It will be hard for me to get away from my Saints though. I have a beefy and a lightweight depending on the course i play but i will give it a shot. Im reallly more concerned with pushing an understable out my bag. Think the Fury can move the Underworld out? Honestly the Underworld is a new disc as well. I just picked it up from a tourney a week ago.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:46 AM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowWraith View Post
I will def give that a try. It will be hard for me to get away from my Saints though. I have a beefy and a lightweight depending on the course i play but i will give it a shot. Im reallly more concerned with pushing an understable out my bag. Think the Fury can move the Underworld out? Honestly the Underworld is a new disc as well. I just picked it up from a tourney a week ago.
Fury and Underworld are very similar. Underworld is a tick more understable and the fury is a little faster. But you can just add anny to turn the fury over like the underworld.

Saint and Fury are also very similar except the fury is a tick more understable.

I myself use the Stag/Fury combo now.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 88
Had the Fury in my hands last night. I have no desire to try anything new because my bag is for the most part set. Still, I cannot resist at least being tempted. Without looking at the specs it felt eerily similar to a Leopard. Champ Leopards are the workhorse fairway driver in my bag, so I can definitely resist the temptation of the Fury, but if I had not settled on the Leopards, I know I would give this a try.

You know, it may not fly like a Leopard at all, but I can stretch mine out 325 flat or 370 in the air, and it behaves dead straight or track rights on command. Everyone else I know who is/has thrown Leopards gets different results than me because of varying technique. So I take any recommendation of understable discs with a grain of salt.

Still, I am going to pass on the Fury. The only thing I am looking for in a driver is something between a Pro Leopard and a Champion Mamba that is thin rimmed (for better grip and snap). I gave the Underworld a try for a couple of days, but it did not win me over.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
Fury and Underworld are very similar. Underworld is a tick more understable and the fury is a little faster. But you can just add anny to turn the fury over like the underworld.

Saint and Fury are also very similar except the fury is a tick more understable.

I myself use the Stag/Fury combo now.
I have a Stag on the way. Think i might need to create a thread on my bag to get some insight. Thanks!