Disc Golf Store
Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
sorry i havent read through the entire thread but im very curious about this disc.. been throwing my Rivers again but just not flippy enough yet but hope to get them there.. so is the Fury like a understable river? I throw and LOVE Sidewinders but if i can get a SW type flight with more glide from the Fury i may be sold.. I dont have much power more of a finese player.. if thrown flat will it have any turn?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 10:52 AM

Courses Played: 1
I found that it has a later turn, not an imediate turnover. Flies wonderful for a finese thrower. I was not in love with the river, it has to have much cleaner form to be thrown consistantly omgish; the Fury is much more forgiving and it sounds cooler.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
sorry i havent read through the entire thread but im very curious about this disc.. been throwing my Rivers again but just not flippy enough yet but hope to get them there.. so is the Fury like a understable river? I throw and LOVE Sidewinders but if i can get a SW type flight with more glide from the Fury i may be sold.. I dont have much power more of a finese player.. if thrown flat will it have any turn?
I've seen it compared more to the Saint than the River. River is speed 7, Saint and Fury are both 9. Fury and River both have -2 turn, whereas Saint is -1.

More understable Saint. Faster River.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 29
Flippier than a River Ian
I dropped Rivers for the Fury
Old 09-13-2013, 03:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 17
Underworld is the "flippy River"
Old 09-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-KABONG View Post
Underworld is the "flippy River"
I would have to agree with EL-KABONG: if you're looking for a more US River, the Underworld is what you seek: about the same speed as the River (maybe a mild tick slower), same monster glide, but more turn. I've only thrown a Fury a few times, but it struck me as being definitely faster than the River - a solid speed 9. Didn't have a significant amount of turn for me on my trial throws (though it was an Opto).

For what it's worth, I had the same sense of the River that you do: loved its speed, glide, and distance potential, but wanted more turn. The Underworld was exactly what I sought. Awesome anny and turnover potential. The Rivers recently made their way back into my bag in the form of heavy Optos, providing a nice stable compliment to my Stags and Underworlds.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Can anyone compare the gold line fury to opto? Love my optos wondering if the gold line will offer something different.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
Can anyone compare the gold line fury to opto? Love my optos wondering if the gold line will offer something different.
I don't think so
I have both in the bag. I think my FR Opto might be slightly more understable but I could be imagining that
My Opto is quite gummy and grippy.
I think I reach for my GL more often simply because it is a bright pearly pink vs the orange that is my opto
Old 09-22-2013, 12:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post
I don't think so
I have both in the bag. I think my FR Opto might be slightly more understable but I could be imagining that
My Opto is quite gummy and grippy.
I think I reach for my GL more often simply because it is a bright pearly pink vs the orange that is my opto
thanks.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 0.1
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonger View Post
I found that it has a later turn, not an imediate turnover. Flies wonderful for a finese thrower. I was not in love with the river, it has to have much cleaner form to be thrown consistantly omgish; the Fury is much more forgiving and it sounds cooler.
Nailed it, on every point made.
Plus, I also just like to say - FURY