Old 04-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Isn't an understable Saint the River? Kind of a pointless release here.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:40 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 37
^^ thats kinda what i was thinking at first too.. i guess they call the River a 7 but with the rim size i pretty much consider it a speed 9 like my sidewinders.. i think thats why it hasnt made the bag.. faster then my Leos and im not taking the SWs out lol
Old 04-05-2013, 10:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscNutt123 View Post
Isn't an understable Saint the River? Kind of a pointless release here.
Saints and rivers are not the same speed. River is a 7 saint is a 9 so longer river.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 56
Re: the WS Prodigy comparisons (lol)

All prodigy has done is out sell WS by a ton. Id be willing to bet theyve sold as many or more discs since their first release then WS has in their whole existence.

Gonna be really interesting to see the WS Lat DD lineup in a couple of years when their only choice is to have crazy overlap or restamp the same discs with different names.

Also, the fury..

Sounds like fun to throw, but maybe unecessary. Im thinking lat sidewinder. Not vision flippy but somewhere in that small gap between flippy saint and vision

Last edited by Pwingles; 04-05-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:46 AM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post

All prodigy has done is out sell WS by a ton. Id be willing to bet theyve sold as many or more discs since their first release then WS has in their whole existence.

Gonna be really interesting to see the WS Lat DD lineup in a couple of years when their only choice is to have crazy overlap or restamp the same discs with different names.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
Quote:

Also, the fury..

Sounds like fund to throw, but maybe unecessary. Im thinking lat sidewinder. Not vision flippy but somewhere in that small gap between flippy saint and vision
You understand Westside has probably sold far more discs than Prodigy has even produced in their first run, right?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
every company does this regularly. Discraft pumps out way overweight discs daily. Innova sends out discs that are different molds than their stamp. This whole up to pDGA spec BS is something that fired up this past winter.
when Lat64 came out no one cared, so they didnt get hounded about it. Lat64 is still the only company that you have to be extremely aware of the PLH. I can grab 26 OLF 1.1s right now and the PLH on all of them are near identical. I can grab 4 flows and all are different. but thanks to them we all learned a great deal about PLH effects.

Woah...pump your brakes there. I did not mention Innova, Discraft or any other manufacturer. Your response sound quite similar to that of the Prodigy reps.

Go scoop up all your Westside discs, get a calibrated scale and see where they stand on the weight issue.

youre right on this one. once again they need to slow the rush down.

is there something wrong with that? or is this in regards to the UV thing?

YES, especially when its unintended

no one is saying other manufacturers have to deal with Prodigy's stumbles. what we are saying is that the other manufacturers are not perfect either, they just had less scrutiny on them while they figured it out.
and yes i agree that their marketing strategy was tackless, but who brand gets talked about more these days?

True they get talked about...most of the time not in a positive manner. Many say that any buzz is good buzz, but for me personally I have chosen to avoid Prodigy. They kinks to work out, but it's also the manner in which they go forward that will truly define them. As a consumer I get to vote with my dollar, so I try to choose wisely where I invest it.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
You understand Westside has probably sold far more discs than Prodigy has even produced in their first run, right?
In the states, i doubt it.

Maybe in terms of, from the factory to retailers, you might be right.
But from retailers to players, i wouldnt buy that for one second.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 AM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
In the states, i doubt it.

Maybe in terms of, from the factory to retailers, you might be right.
But from retailers to players, i wouldnt buy that for one second.
You are insane. Prodigy has even been out for 3 months. There is no way they have sold more discs then westside has. I see people playing with westside everyday on the course and have yet to see 1 prodigy disc and have yet to meet someone who has even heard of prodigy on the course.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Based on the stacks of unsold prodigy at my local shop I'd say that west side is selling more.