Old 04-09-2013, 05:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
Not if it's just removing flashing, from my understanding.
Or, just don't tell anybody.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
I'm still working, but I'll see if I can get something online in the next few days.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergdawg View Post
You sand your disc, or your finger? Sanding your disc is illegal.
Quote:
C. Players may not make post-production modification of discs which alter their original flight characteristics. This rule does not forbid inevitable wear and tear from usage during play or the moderate sanding of discs to smooth molding imperfections or scrape marks. Discs excessively sanded or painted with a material of detectable thickness are illegal. See sections 802.01 D, E and F.
Emphasis added.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Thanks for all the advice guys, I gave new skin a shot and it seems to work pretty well, I will also give the self adhesive wraps a shot.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 18
I recorded one, but it was awful. I'll try again
Old 04-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
Not if it's just removing flashing, from my understanding.
You can sand your disc no matter what. Chuck even posted before saying that you could interpret 'light sanding' as sanding with a lighter for those people who prefer to use a lighter to fix dings and such.

Form callouses, don't rip them off. I've got pretty serious callouses on by pointer and middle finger, and a blood blister on the inside of my pointer finger from field work.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 97
I too throw mostly FH and have the same gnarly calluses everyone else has spoken of. I try to let the callus form as best as possible early in the season.

I use a finger-less paintball glove when my callus is not fully developed and my finger is hurting.

Also something I'd like to note, when you do develop that callus, be sure to keep your hands as dry as possible when playing in wet or humid conditions. Humidity and wetness will cause the callus to soften up and rip off, then you are back to square one.

Last edited by Jax11; 04-10-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax11 View Post
I too throw mostly FH and have the same gnarly callouses everyone else has spoken of. I try to let the callous form as best as possible early in the season.

I use a finger-less paintball glove when my callous is not fully developed and my finger is hurting.

Also something I'd like to note, when you do develop that callous, be sure to keep your hands as dry as possible when playing in wet or humid conditions. Humidity and wetness will cause the callous to soften up and rip off, then you are back to square one.
thanks for the tip.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 13
iI started using the New skin stuff myself, it helps alot with this problem. You can pick up the generic versions for a few bucks...nice and cheap.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 25
From my experience of throwing strictly forehands for the first 5 years I played, I found that when you are using the side of your finger instead of the pad of the finger on the disc's rim to "snap", that generates a lot more blisters because of the drag.

It's also detrimental to your distance if you use the side of your finger, fyi, so make sure that finger pad is flat on the rim. It almost feels like you're twisting your wrist; it's awkward like a lot of things you have to develop in disc golf.

But I always wrap a few layers of medical/hockey tape (that fabric-esque kind) around my palm, as my blisters would show up at the base of my index finger.

Just pay attention that your fingers' pads are pushing against the disc, or I've also just wrapped up individual fingers. The soft tape stays on pretty well and didn't interfere with my grip/release. I've gotten a lot of questions about it on the course, and several people that I've suggested it to have been happy with how it feels and like the flexibility. Just don't wrap your hand so tight you can't flex it (obviously).

I know that callus there sucks, because the disc slides over it every time, haha.