Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 PM

Grip Eq Bag Warranty Info

I tried to find this info EVERYWHERE! The Grip Eq website offered no help and scouring over forums less informative than this one, was fruitless. A few phone calls, an email, and a couple days relented the answer. The question? Is the Limited Lifetime Warranty on these wonderful Grip Eq Bags transferrable? Well, here's the answer I got.

"As long as the bag you are buying was not initially given away to it's current owner as some sort of promotional deal or free giveaway, then yes, the warranty should transfer with ownership. This is our current policy, but is subject to change in the future. Thanks and have a great week!

Jayme
Grip Equipment
www.grip-eq.com"

So, basically, if the original owner bought the bag, the warranty will transfer when sold. I'me currently working on what information would be needed to claim the warranty should the worst happen This is assuming that no claim had been made using the bag prior. I'll update when I get an answer to that question too.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
When I purchased my bag there was a thick cardboard like tag that had the warranty information on it. I was told do not lose this or the warranty would be void. I was also given a invoice as well and told not to lose this lol. Maybe the original owner has one or both of these..... hope this helps
Old 02-28-2013, 01:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman View Post
When I purchased my bag there was a thick cardboard like tag that had the warranty information on it. I was told do not lose this or the warranty would be void. I was also given a invoice as well and told not to lose this lol. Maybe the original owner has one or both of these..... hope this helps
I might have a couple of these cardboard tags. I'd have to check.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:13 PM

Ok. Here's the information that I received in response to this question:

"What information would I need to have if I had to make a claim?

Sent from my iPad"

"I would need a photo of the potential defect/issue with the bag, and your personal contact information to start the process.

Jayme
Grip Equipment
www.grip-eq.com"

Doesn't seem like a warranty card, previous owners info, or much is required to claim a warranty. They just want a picture of the defect. I like that. If they agree that the problem is their fault, they fix it.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 28
Well then how would they know if it was a promotional give-away or not
Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 33
I made a warranty claim on my bag about 2 months ago and all I did was send a picture of the issue, tell them when I bought it, and give them my address. It was approved in about 2-3 days, I sent my bag in on a Friday, had a new one in my possession by Monday.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 AM
DGCR Vendor

Courses Played: 28
What are the odds Grip will warranty the side inserts? My bag has a slant to it. I took the inserts and flipped them and it worked but its back. I just need new ones.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3D4523 View Post
What are the odds Grip will warranty the side inserts? My bag has a slant to it. I took the inserts and flipped them and it worked but its back. I just need new ones.
That warranty covers even the slightest rip or tear, you should have no issues getting the inserts replaced imo.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Par Member

Has there Warranty changed for when its sold to someone else???

Old 06-03-2013, 11:01 AM

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbogue View Post
I tried to find this info EVERYWHERE! The Grip Eq website offered no help and scouring over forums less informative than this one, was fruitless. A few phone calls, an email, and a couple days relented the answer. The question? Is the Limited Lifetime Warranty on these wonderful Grip Eq Bags transferrable? Well, here's the answer I got.

"As long as the bag you are buying was not initially given away to it's current owner as some sort of promotional deal or free giveaway, then yes, the warranty should transfer with ownership. This is our current policy, but is subject to change in the future. Thanks and have a great week!

Jayme
Grip Equipment
www.grip-eq.com"

So, basically, if the original owner bought the bag, the warranty will transfer when sold. I'me currently working on what information would be needed to claim the warranty should the worst happen This is assuming that no claim had been made using the bag prior. I'll update when I get an answer to that question too.
This is contradictory to what they recently told me on Twitter. Here's the conversation.

If you don't want to click the link, they said that they used to transfer the warranties, but they stopped after some factory rejects were stolen.