Disc Golf Store
Old 05-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
I can't believe how some people are taking such a negative stance toward what you are trying to do, dgfanatic. I wasn't planning on posting in this thread, but decided to just to pass on some positivity and encouragement for all of your effort. As the owner/maker of 2 DIY backpacks (because I'm super cheap), I am not currently in the market for any new dg bag, but if that ever changes it is nice to know that I will be able to find a complete review of all of the options.

On another note, I think that not including the PF bag just to assuage a few narrow-minded loudmouths on this forum is a mistake. I'm not sure what your plans are, but if the video featured other dg bag owners as much as it did you (i.e. you do not take on the role of "host" of the video), then there is no reason that the review should be seen as anything other than impartial. Honestly, the people that are upset about your affiliation with PF ARE GOING TO SEE BIAS in this video no matter what...so taking out the PF bag will only lessen the completeness of what is looking to be the most comprehensive review of DG backpacks to date.

Just my $0.02 /end rant
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2013, 01:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjones9 View Post
I can't believe how some people are taking such a negative stance toward what you are trying to do, dgfanatic. I wasn't planning on posting in this thread, but decided to just to pass on some positivity and encouragement for all of your effort. As the owner/maker of 2 DIY backpacks (because I'm super cheap), I am not currently in the market for any new dg bag, but if that ever changes it is nice to know that I will be able to find a complete review of all of the options.

On another note, I think that not including the PF bag just to assuage a few narrow-minded loudmouths on this forum is a mistake. I'm not sure what your plans are, but if the video featured other dg bag owners as much as it did you (i.e. you do not take on the role of "host" of the video), then there is no reason that the review should be seen as anything other than impartial. Honestly, the people that are upset about your affiliation with PF ARE GOING TO SEE BIAS in this video no matter what...so taking out the PF bag will only lessen the completeness of what is looking to be the most comprehensive review of DG backpacks to date.

Just my $0.02 /end rant
I appreciate the encouragement and cant be more happy to know that you will see the video for what it will really be, i hate to think if myself as the host. I have consulted with several other people in the area about the video and found a method we think will be effective. For any bag that cant make the video, i will still find some way to include it either by asking someone across the U.S to do something or finding a method. I have collaborated with board members of the McKinney disc golf assosication and have finalized the format. I will be doing five things. Contributing my bag ( which i am still debating) filming the video, stating the specs of each bag (no opinions here, all fact),editing and having others revise it, and finally creating the backpack archive thread where the video will be the first post. If all goes according to plan, a player of about a year that wants a backpack can check out everything out there on that thread
Old 05-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 58
I can't wait for this video - I am in the market for a backpack and this will definitely help me make my decision.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

PS Not a Grip fanboy. I own an Innova Starter bag and that's it. Pondering a Voodoo Karma, but no dog in this race.

I always heard the expression:

No dog in this fight.

or

No horse in this race.

If we are gonna mix it up, I would prefer: No horse in this fight.

Last edited by Discette; 05-16-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
I can't wait for this video - I am in the market for a backpack and this will definitely help me make my decision.
And this is precisely why i am making this video. Hope it is useful to you stevo
Old 05-16-2013, 02:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discette View Post

No dog in this fight.

or

No horse in this race.

They have dog racing, too. Now, horse fighting....hmm.

I'd like to see a video like this as well. Honestly, as long as the video is shot well enough to show the details, I don't think it matters if the people involved are fanboys or not. Most players who'd check it out know what features are important to them, and will see them or their lack, even if the "host" is pumping one bag and dumping on the other.

Go for it.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
So much hostility...

How can the video be biased when there are 5-15 people reviewing the bags?

Each owner will have an inherent bias but taken as a whole the viewer should realize that and be able to make their own judgements.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavon_andy View Post
So much hostility...

How can the video be biased when there are 5-15 people reviewing the bags?

Each owner will have an inherent bias but taken as a whole the viewer should realize that and be able to make their own judgements.
That is what i was counting on but others seem to have a different view
Old 05-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discette View Post

No dog in this fight.

or

No horse in this race.

Actually my aunt and uncle died in a car wreck while driving from their home in NC to W Va to watch some dog races so yeah, dog in the race is perfectly fine

Old 05-17-2013, 03:01 AM

Courses Played: 28
Someone tell Dan to send me a Grip so it can be reviewed unbiasedly. Pretty please?!?