Disc Golf Store
Old 05-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by techn9cian4life View Post
Id be really interested to see a comparison of the new Grip series bag and the Spinal Tap. I compared the Spinal Tap to the older Grip EQ and I liked the Spinal Tap better overall. So I am leaning more towards the ST. Plus the only color-way I like of the new Grip is the all black.. and that's too boring for me (Sorry Grip) and the blood red Spinal Tap looks awesome. At the moment Im carrying a Fade Tourney, but the more I play the more I realize I need more storage space than the Tourney is capable of when it's full of 18 discs (5 of em being mids and 3 being putters, other than the main 2 in the front pocket). The thing the ST has going for it right now, is there are video reviews on YT so I have more than pictures to look at. Plus I've seen the ST in person. Compared to the Grip A/S, I can only view pictures and read the description on the Grip website. So, ya, that's where I'm at right now in my back back bag decision making. The price point isn't something to compare because they're pretty much exactly the same in that area.
I'm with you here, which is probably why I was most looking forward to this video. I have a feeling my wallet is going to hurt because I feel like I have to try all these out because all I can do is read and look at pics of most of them.

I currently use an L-Series Grip and got it mainly because it was the most popular backpack bag at the time. It's proven to be completely worth it's popularity and I love how it makes my back feel and it completely serves my needs. But can another make my back feel better and serve my needs better?

I pre-ordered a Blood Red Spinal Tap because back then I didn't carry anything more than a speed 9 and my Grip was maxed out because I carry 3 putters and 5 mids (in addition to my main 2 putters)....sound familiar? Now I've started to realize that I'm grabbing for 6-7 molds in a round and discs are slowly coming out of my bag....which makes me want to try an Ergo. *"ouch" goes the wallet*

I didn't get the Ergo because I didn't think it had enough non-disc storage for my needs (didn't like that it doesn't have dedicated water bottle holders) and that tongue just looks terrible. After seeing some videos and reviews...it may just be enough for me and force me to carry less molds.

TLDN: I carry a Grip and love it. I'm getting a Spinal Tap but think it may too big for my needs. I may try an Ergo. I have a problem buying bags.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2013, 08:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleC8601 View Post
I'm with you here, which is probably why I was most looking forward to this video. I have a feeling my wallet is going to hurt because I feel like I have to try all these out because all I can do is read and look at pics of most of them.

I currently use an L-Series Grip and got it mainly because it was the most popular backpack bag at the time. It's proven to be completely worth it's popularity and I love how it makes my back feel and it completely serves my needs. But can another make my back feel better and serve my needs better?

I pre-ordered a Blood Red Spinal Tap because back then I didn't carry anything more than a speed 9 and my Grip was maxed out because I carry 3 putters and 5 mids (in addition to my main 2 putters)....sound familiar? Now I've started to realize that I'm grabbing for 6-7 molds in a round and discs are slowly coming out of my bag....which makes me want to try an Ergo. *"ouch" goes the wallet*

I didn't get the Ergo because I didn't think it had enough non-disc storage for my needs (didn't like that it doesn't have dedicated water bottle holders) and that tongue just looks terrible. After seeing some videos and reviews...it may just be enough for me and force me to carry less molds.

TLDN: I carry a Grip and love it. I'm getting a Spinal Tap but think it may too big for my needs. I may try an Ergo. I have a problem buying bags.
Nah you don't have a problem, you just haven't found the perfect bag for you
Old 05-28-2013, 02:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Ok guys here is the deal. I will be getting the footage from last wednesday uploaded to my computer to edit this wednesday. I am hoping to make it out to Lewisville tonight and get a glimpse of the simian, possibly the new grip, maybe a spinal tap and a golf mahal as well. The lewisville dubs mini brings in a lot of people usually so if I can convince these guys to set up their bags, I can get footage of these 5 bags as well. Cross your fingers and wish for good luck tonight that these bags will show up
Old 05-29-2013, 12:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Ok well Lewisville was a fail. However an ergo owner has been doing some filming and will be getting his personal review of the ergo as well as a comparison of it to the A Series grip. Every little bit helps. I am still trying to find mahal, Revos, and simian owners in the area however.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Alright, getting the footage tonight. If any of yall have something you want to submit to the video, let me know. It will be published to DGCR by saturday night regardless of what I have.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
If I had a decent camera I'd have the ability to compare a Spinal Tap, Simian, L/S Grip an Gateway Ozark.All 4 show up at Thursday league every week.. and I personally have a DD Ranger arriving tomorrow

Last edited by techn9cian4life; 05-29-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn9cian4life View Post
If I had a decent camera I'd have the ability to compare a Spinal Tap, Simian, L/S Grip an Gateway Ozark.All 4 show up at Thursday league every week.. and I personally have a DD Ranger arriving tomorrow
Ask around the area of your course, or some of your disc golf buddies, maybe they can help you out. I would love it if you could find a camera though, so I can show you the format the videos going to be in, and we can get those three very important bags into it for the final production
Old 05-29-2013, 11:18 PM
* Ace Member *

footage is currently being uploaded for edit.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH

Old 05-30-2013, 12:41 AM

Courses Played: 28
I've got a Revo coming in next week if you need it.