Old 04-15-2013, 01:23 AM
www.salientdiscs.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlasianguy06 View Post
Go to town lake and see if that guy we played with that had the jet pack is out there. He said it was his home course now.
yeah the prodiscus guy...depends if I can find him when I return from college.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:46 AM
Eagle Member

I like your ideas, include what each bag owner likes and dislikes of it's competitors. Get a very broad spectrum of what the general disc golf public wants and maybe we can find a jack-of-all-trades. Or make one.

Last edited by Hlasianguy06; 04-15-2013 at 01:46 AM. Reason: addition
Old 04-15-2013, 01:51 AM
www.salientdiscs.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlasianguy06 View Post
I like your ideas, include what each bag owner likes and dislikes of it's competitors. Get a very broad spectrum of what the general disc golf public wants and maybe we can find a jack-of-all-trades. Or make one.
You got it, and if I would be sure to include contact info of each company, giving each company a fair shot to gain some more customers. All I want to do is lead the way, the bag owners and the disc golf community will take care of the rest. This will provide a source for golfers wanting a backpack to compare and contrast right here on DGCR, and get the bag companies names out to the newer disc golfers wanting a backpack bag, especially those with back problems. I just want to make it clear that I don't want to benefit from this project in any way except through the satisfaction that I have filled a gap that has been around for a while now.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:45 AM
dbhall

Just to clarify, if someone who is not looking for a job as a product tester for Physical Flight (i.e., not the OP) wants to step up and coordinate this, GripEQ will donate a bag. I imagine you'd be able to get bag donations from most all of the new companies. You could then sell the bags and donate the proceeds to EDGE or some other worthy disc golf related cause.

In theory, since GripEQ is the sales leader in our segment of the marketplace, we should avoid participating in any event that gives added publicity to new competitors. Maybe if I had gone to business school instead of medical school we'd operate that way, but we've done our own comparisons and I'm confident we're the best.

Dan

Director of Operations
Grip Equipment
Old 04-15-2013, 07:24 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
SHAZAAM!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhall View Post
Just to clarify, if someone who is not looking for a job as a product tester for Physical Flight (i.e., not the OP) wants to step up and coordinate this, GripEQ will donate a bag. I imagine you'd be able to get bag donations from most all of the new companies. You could then sell the bags and donate the proceeds to EDGE or some other worthy disc golf related cause.

In theory, since GripEQ is the sales leader in our segment of the marketplace, we should avoid participating in any event that gives added publicity to new competitors. Maybe if I had gone to business school instead of medical school we'd operate that way, but we've done our own comparisons and I'm confident we're the best.

Dan

Director of Operations
Grip Equipment
Does the op work for physical flight?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHFH
What if we had everyone that meets up review the bags (all reviews will be biased, but with multiple reviews its easy to see key points of each bag).

Actually... Sounds like that is already the OPs plan, plus having a few control reviewers.

Just side by side comparison of features, stats, and pics to show size would be amazing.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 AM
www.salientdiscs.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Disc View Post
Does the op work for physical flight?
No i do not. The only thing i have done for physical flight is make a review of the contender. It is the link in y sig and gives an over view of the bag and my personal thoughts towards it... Not once did i say i am a product tester or am employee of physical flight
Old 04-15-2013, 10:55 AM
www.salientdiscs.com

My review came about because i pre ordered the bag and i wanted to review it, simple as that.

In response to Dan's post, had i thought that i would actually be able to convince professional companies to donate 200 dollar backpacks to compare, i would have emailed them first, however it sounded completely absurd for a disc golf company to trust a 20 year old disc golfer with a free bag with the soul purpose of reviews and comparison.. Which is why i had to do the next best thing, gather current owners in one place. Dan if you want to donate a bag great, however i doubt that just because you donate a bag to a more neutral person than myself (which i am because i do not work for PF) the other companies would follow suit, it is just too big of a risk on their part and it isn't logical. I do what I love and that is making reviews, which is why i am trying to organize this without the help of the companies because your products are EVERYWHERE! Why should i try to ask for a donation when the courses in DFW are filled with these bags? Thanks for the chime in Dan but i am stepping up to this and will make sure it gets done the way it should

Old 04-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Well, I'd say SOMEONE here needs to get a grip.