Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
Well, I'd say SOMEONE here needs to get a grip.
Here is how I interpret this response

1. Don't worry, I am sure I will have no problem finding a grip owner
2. If you are talking directly to me, i apologize. Just really excited for this project and wanted to make it clear I am not asking for hand outs or donations.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:06 PM
dbhall

Product Tester

Hi dgfanatic7, this is what I meant by "looking for a job as a product tester for Physical Flight". I'm sure you would do your best to be a neutral party, but it can be very difficult to do given your relationship to one particular company. You've basically described a focus group that you would lead. Bias in that role is going to have an impact. I'm not saying you shouldn't participate, or that I don't trust you. I am saying that GripEQ will donate a bag if the group review is led by a more neutral party.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:24 PM
dbhall

I wouldn't want a GripEQ product tester running it either.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhall View Post

Hi dgfanatic7, this is what I meant by "looking for a job as a product tester for Physical Flight". I'm sure you would do your best to be a neutral party, but it can be very difficult to do given your relationship to one particular company. You've basically described a focus group that you would lead. Bias in that role is going to have an impact. I'm not saying you shouldn't participate, or that I don't trust you. I am saying that GripEQ will donate a bag if the group review is led by a more neutral party.
Boom!
Anyone who reads the Contender threads will know DGFanatic has some biased connection to PF.

I agree, a more objective party would be perfect. I'm a Grip owner (with a Spinal Tap on the way to try) and I'd be glad to help. Only for a 100% objective and unbiased person is doing the review.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
If anyone wants to do this in Cincy, I have a camera. I have an Ergo on the way, but I'm perfectly capable of being objective.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Eagle Member

Some bias is required to get an accurate response of the DG population, yes some it will be based on manufacturers but you need that so they can properly examine a competitor, to truly see what another has to offer them. Though rarer some look for certain functions in a bag(space and convenience.) Most bias comes from word of mouth not actual trial and error. This experiment should be perfect if presented to the owners properly to show what's truly important about a bag to us.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 94
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER
I highly doubt that the sole purpose of him getting this meet-up together is to push PF products onto people who are probably already happy with their own bags.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Eagle Member

Also this a social experiment/review between the owners, he just happens to be one of them and the presenter. Not all results will be based on him, the other owners say will be included.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlasianguy06 View Post
Some bias is required to get an accurate response of the DG population, yes some it will be based on manufacturers but you need that so they can properly examine a competitor, to truly see what another has to offer them. Though rarer some look for certain functions in a bag(space and convenience.) Most bias comes from word of mouth not actual trial and error. This experiment should be perfect if presented to the owners properly to show what's truly important about a bag to us.
Personally, I want a video that compares them. I don't want a video that tells me which bag one neutral person thinks is best. I want the pros and cons as that neutral party sees it(albeit, pros for some are cons for others). This seems completely plausible with the right person.

Another way could be a group of owners giving their opinion of the pros and cons of their bag, rather than one neutral party.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Eagle Member

You get it Bender, glad to see some logic in this instead of everyone flipping out about a donation bag. Honestly it wouldn't do anything for the review. You need an owner who has put miles on their bag.