Old 04-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NDER View Post
I highly doubt that the sole purpose of him getting this meet-up together is to push PF products onto people who are probably already happy with their own bags.
True, but it could be to influence those who haven't picked up a backpack bag.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleC8601 View Post
Personally, I want a video that compares them. I don't want a video that tells me which bag one neutral person thinks is best. I want the pros and cons as that neutral party sees it(albeit, pros for some are cons for others). This seems completely plausible with the right person.

Another way could be a group of owners giving their opinion of the pros and cons of their bag, rather than one neutral party.
Exactly plus each owner has to evaluate the other bags as well.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
True, but it could be to influence those who haven't picked up a backpack bag.
And they will have a lineup to choose from, do you honestly think that if one die hard bag owner is gonna play salesman for someone they don't work for that another isn't or even object to their claims? Let's be realistic now, we all got those fanboys on our course we argue with.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhall View Post

Hi dgfanatic7, this is what I meant by "looking for a job as a product tester for Physical Flight". I'm sure you would do your best to be a neutral party, but it can be very difficult to do given your relationship to one particular company. You've basically described a focus group that you would lead. Bias in that role is going to have an impact. I'm not saying you shouldn't participate, or that I don't trust you. I am saying that GripEQ will donate a bag if the group review is led by a more neutral party.
I haven't officially become a tester. Mainly cause I haven't been sent anything. Should PF decide to use me great, however I was just excited and went ahead and threw that comment out there...I never expected that response. But it is what it is. However I will organize this video and show you what I mean and will do my best to make it as neutral as possible.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Personally, I want a video that compares them. I don't want a video that tells me which bag one neutral person thinks is best. I want the pros and cons as that neutral party sees it(albeit, pros for some are cons for others). This seems completely plausible with the right person.

Another way could be a group of owners giving their opinion of the pros and cons of their bag, rather than one neutral party.
Triple your second comment is one of the elements I am including.. Let me lay this out for everyone crystal clear

Step1:
Organize all backpack bags, owners, and random group of disc golfers into one location

Step 2:
Open up experimentation with random DGers to try on, examine and give opinions on each bag. (All of this will be filmed)

Step 3:
Get opinions from bag owners after doing the same thing the random DGers did in step 2

Step 4:
Line up all bags, covering 4 specific details of each
-Material make up
-Unique Features
-Storage Capacity (size comparison)
-Price Comparison

All of this will be recorded and edited. None of this will have my personal opinion on any of the bags, including my own contender to make it as neutral as possible. However of course there will be some bias because yes I am a fan of the contender, but my opinion will not be included in the bias..If you have any concerns or questions, PM me or email me @djjolly037@gmail.com

Other than that, let's stick to the OP. Still on the hunt for a couple backpacks and need to plan a date and time.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlasianguy06 View Post
And they will have a lineup to choose from, do you honestly think that if one die hard bag owner is gonna play salesman for someone they don't work for that another isn't or even object to their claims? Let's be realistic now, we all got those fanboys on our course we argue with.
I agree. But DGFanatic has never made it on own that he's a tester. In fact, I think he still denies it.

But I wouldn't want all testers doing this review. To some, it could come down to the best salesman.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I agree. But DGFanatic has never made it on own that he's a tester. In fact, I think he still denies it.

But I wouldn't want all testers doing this review. To some, it could come down to the best salesman.
Triple, listen, when I say I am organizing the review, that means one thing...I am organizing the format, and gather the golfers and bags in one place...then from the specs of each bag company am stating the materials, features, size/storage, and price of each bag..I can't put it any clearer than that.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
Honestly it doesn't matter if its biased; this doesn't require a tester bag (although its amazing toe that grip would be willing to do that).

OP, do you have a list of who all has what bags they could show up with?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Eagle Member

Hopefully the participants understand what is trying to be achieved from this.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Eagle Member

Ahh lavon I didn't know you were in McKinney, shoulda caught a round while I was down there, and I agree a tester bag isn't necessary. The gesture is cool though.