Old 01-13-2017, 10:08 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: RHBH
Default GYRO durability.. legit?

I plan on doing more of these kind of videos and know for sure not all MVPs are made equal but just wanted to get this out there as it is one of the sharpest/biggest gyro rims to come out and holds up very well in the distance driver class.

As a dealer ive order MVPs which are not what i would consider up to "par" with regularly found MVP stuff but in general the durability is excellent and even when very seasoned or with a huge chunk out etc the molds tend to fly truer vs other brands. You know GYRO and stuff.

It doesnt even bother me 1 bit to do this to a new MVP disc. I have put so many of them thru hell and back just so i know im not crazy that it makes me feel good to share with everyone.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2017, 10:42 PM
* Ace Member *

lol, AIM u crazy!

And Axiom OM's seem more durable than MVP, to me. Because of Plasma maybe?
Old 01-13-2017, 10:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

First of all, your fanboi ADHD posts self promoting your relationship with MVP are top notch.

Second of all, yes MVP gyro rims are amazingly durable. When I used to play Buffalo Ridge in AZ on the regular I would routinely retire discs after a single round. I never retired a single MVP disc there.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:03 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 1

I've done this same thing to an Inspire trying to beat it in. Smashed it into concrete several times, but I was chucking it from waist high.

You could barely tell anything changed in the disc.

AIM, you should do it to a Champion disc to see the difference.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:08 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: LHFH

If you have access to a brick wall, I'd like to see some full power drives into them.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:12 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
If you have access to a brick wall, I'd like to see some full power drives into them.
I have found my gyro discs to be virtually indestructible except for landing vertical on pavement/brick/you get the idea. This seems to really show a weakness in the OM, it's happened to putters, miss, fairways and distance drivers. Even happens in short shots. Full power drives into trees are no big deal, hyzer spikes don't bother it, but gritty hard surfaces like concrete dig into the overmold bad when vertical. Strange cause skips don't bother the OM either
Old 01-13-2017, 11:13 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I plan on doing more of these kind of videos and know for sure not all MVPs are made equal but just wanted to get this out there as it is one of the sharpest/biggest gyro rims to come out and holds up very well in the distance driver class.

As a dealer ive order MVPs which are not what i would consider up to "par" with regularly found MVP stuff but in general the durability is excellent and even when very seasoned or with a huge chunk out etc the molds tend to fly truer vs other brands. You know GYRO and stuff.

It doesnt even bother me 1 bit to do this to a new MVP disc. I have put so many of them thru hell and back just so i know im not crazy that it makes me feel good to share with everyone.
The real question is will your ion break in half in the freezing temperatures like an aviar does
Old 01-13-2017, 11:18 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: LHFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
I have found my gyro discs to be virtually indestructible except for landing vertical on pavement/brick/you get the idea. This seems to really show a weakness in the OM, it's happened to putters, miss, fairways and distance drivers. Even happens in short shots. Full power drives into trees are no big deal, hyzer spikes don't bother it, but gritty hard surfaces like concrete dig into the overmold bad when vertical. Strange cause skips don't bother the OM either
In my experience, I have found that the overmold doesn't rash for me much like most premium plastic. It does show scars a lot more easily though.

I just want to see if he can warp the disc.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:22 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 128

Fwiw ive never warped a premium plastic MVP. I have pinched many flight plate to plate or rim to rim with bending alone and thrown the same disc off the teepad.

After a quick taco we are g2g here..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1484364193856.jpg (96.2 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 1484364257280.jpg (108.3 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 01-13-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:23 PM
Par Member

Yeah I gotcha
I'm not trying to get upset at MVP for their overmolds at all, the abuse I put these discs through is quite extreme. I'll get a couple pictures up tomorrow, specifically on my Defy and Resistor there are pretty sizeable marks from landing vertical on asphalt. Seems to be a krypronite for the OMs