Old 02-07-2014, 08:10 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
For the love of LEGACY

Did a lil search and saw a few threads about specific molds but nothing for Legacy in general so yeah figured that it was needed. Share your thoughts, pictures and all around general love for all that is LEGACY I am new to the Legacy addiction but i will share a pic to get things rolling... pearly purple Rivals from Moose
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0202141116_0001.jpg (123.4 KB, 142 views)
Old 02-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 25
Great plastic and great molds!! Really look forward to any release from them.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: LHBH
I picked up a really nice pearly Pinnacle Rival earlier this winter from the used bin.

The few times I've thrown it, I really like it. Unfortunately, it's white and we've had a lot of snow. I can't wait until the snow is finally gone so I can really get to know this disc.

I have not checked out other molds. There are just so many disc manufacturers now, and so little space in the bag.....
Old 02-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 7
I've become a really big fan of the Ghost. I haven't got the chance to try any other molds yet. Patriot and Rival are on my 'to buy' list though.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: LHFH
Why did you have to start this thread when I was starting my day at work?!?! I'll post some pics when I get home tonight. Can't say enough good about Legacy.

Best plastic in the game! The pearly Pinnacle is as close to the old 11 KC Pro plastic as I've ever seen, and it's available across the entire weight range, not just <170.

Absolutely fell in love with Patriots. Beat out the F7, Leopard, River, Secret Weapon, and Underworld for the understable spot in my bag. The 168 gummy Pinnacle in there now was stable-overstable enough when it was new that it even replaced my TeeBird for a few months. It's since hit its sweet spot to fly like a new "normal" Patriot. My Icon is taking the place of my white Pinnacle until it comes back from DyeingToPlay and is seasoning to hold some great really understable lines better than the Underworld ever did.

Ghosts aren't too shabby either. Why pay the premium for an older Roc to get good plastic when you can pick one of these up off the shelf for regular prices?!?! Love them in Gravity and Legend. They're my "fun round" midrange and impress me so much during those rounds that they're slowly winning me over for a spot in my regular bag.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:58 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 36
well said tbird!!! i was telling my buddy last night how my soft pearly pinnacle feels awful close to my pearly ole kc pro teebirds. Somehow i had manged to not try ANY of their stuff until about two weeks ago and i am no hooked! Went from none to now throwing a Ghost lineup, Gauge, Patriots, Rivals and Clozers.. itching to try the Bandit and Mongoose when its out too .. havent been this excited to throw new plastic in.. well maybe ever!

@ Teebz ... so is the Icon Patriot more understable then the Pinnacle?
Old 02-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
I feel like it's the opposite. Icon plastic tends to be more over stable than the Pinnacle counter part.

Also, I believe I called your Legacy "wants" last year
Old 02-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
My 172 Icon and (from what I remember, mine has been at DTPs for a while) my 172 Pinnacle are pretty close. So happy about that because I prefer Pinnacle plastic to Icon plastic. My FR Icon Rival is less overstable than my Pinnacles though.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 81
Legacy is a brand i will gladly go out of my way to support but likely never bag. The molds I've tried are great, and are closest 'mimics' of the most popular molds out there. The plastic is fantastic quality. Unfortunately I am stocked up on what i throw and don't have room in my setup for anything.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHFH
I like the Ghosts alot. I've wanted to try a Bandit, the Patriots seem pretty nice, and I'd probably like a Magnet Clutch.

Haven't thrown/seen anyone throwing the other molds. Other than the Bandit, Clutch, and Ghost, they haven't really interested me enough to pay much attention. Or pay my money. For things besides Ghosts