Old 04-18-2013, 05:31 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 30
So I can't take my shirt off on the disc golf course? AND tattoos are only on drunks and pot smokers? Why would anyone want to play disc golf if they are going to run into you guys on the course? Also, there are "beer leagues" in every sport.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:35 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Sorry about the breeders comment, meant to be more clever than derogatory. Simply a term applied to those who have children, but probably never should. Parents who are emotionally, financially and/or intellectually unprepared to bear offspring, then, when surprised at the commitment, think society should kick in and provide some assistance in the above arenas. Perhaps thread drift, not necessarily applying the idea to the OP, just an observation on peoples take of others behaviors and the impact on their children. Again apologies to an offence. Cool thread though.
I have only heard this term used by gay people. NOT that there is anything wrong with being gay. But I personally would not use this term. Breeders are anyone who CAN have kids..... that's why its a derogatory statement against straight people.

But please use it on the DG course, I'd like to giggle!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagedLIVER View Post
So I can't take my shirt off on the disc golf course? AND tattoos are only on drunks and pot smokers? Why would anyone want to play disc golf if they are going to run into you guys on the course? Also, there are "beer leagues" in every sport.
Few if any of us here have said you can't take your shirt off, or have tattoos. It's behavior, not appearance, that is the big issue.

I'm not sure about "every sport"---are there beer leagues in basketball?---but I suspect most of these are in sport-specific facilities where alcohol is legal.

I'm not sure why anyone would avoid playing disc golf because they might run into other players wearing shirts, or keeping their profanities at low volume, or presumptuously obeying the law, or concerned about the existence and growth of disc golf.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Somewhat ironic, if the OP had gone to Barber park which is decidedly in a more ghetto area of Greensboro, his daughter would have mostly seen older white people getting out of BMWs and Mercs to play tennis in the main building.
Also ironic: Johnson Street park is in one of the more affluent areas of High Point.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: RHBH
People today are just to uptight and sensitive. It may seem like today's world is so much worse than in the past, but its just the availability to read/see/hear about something at a moments notice. Regardless of the sport there are going to be outliers whom many people will assume is the norm. That's life, get a helmet.