Of course
Old 04-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_Before_Breakfast View Post
Sounds like your daughter got a little taste of reality. Young males love to play sports, and tend to use bad language, dress casually and get intoxicated at every opportunity. They are unlikely to clean their behavior up to visit the parking lot.
This is not the type of young males my daughter usually deals with and not what i've seen at the local parks in our community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicvoodoo View Post
Why did you leave your daughter alone in the 1st place?

That's like leaving her in the parking lot of a strip club!

Bunch of guys that are full of beer, Ciggerettes, ganja, etc

Pretty dumb decision there... Take her with you wtf
This was park was solely dedicated to DG. So apparently you agree that a DG course or for that sake any town park to be the same as a strip club. Has our society really slipped so far!! BTW did you notice that my daughter is a junior in HS, it's not like I left a 10 year old alone.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KniceZ View Post
This is not the type of young males my daughter usually deals with and not what i've seen at the local parks in our community.

This was park was solely dedicated to DG. So apparently you agree that a DG course or for that sake any town park to be the same as a strip club. Has our society really slipped so far!! BTW did you notice that my daughter is a junior in HS, it's not like I left a 10 year old alone.
The problem is you think humans are robots that will do no wrong.
Disc golf can be compared to billards, mostly men and young men that drink, smoke, fight, yell, on other drugs etc.

Would you leave your daughter at a billards alone?

Another reason is its free so you get the ghetto, rude, a-holes that don't give aFlying F!
Maybe go to a pay to play course and you will get the
Type of people that you are looking for.

It will always be like this so get used too it.

Street basketball= negative crowd, loud, crazy people.

Same thing with disc golf

P.s: sorry my phone messes crap up

Last edited by Organicvoodoo; 04-15-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 100
A: It's disc golf, not the friggin' Masters.

B: You went to Johnson St, arguably the most popular course in the Triad, especially with college guys.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Eagle Member

I don't expect humans to be robots - I expect them to be humans not animals.

So here's someone else that considers public parks to be the same things as a strip club and pool hall. Is that really what city parks have become!

I honestly don't care about the image, I'll just go to the courses that don't have this type of people that go to them. The DG community should stop trying to pretend that it deserves some respect when the people that play it don't have any self respect or show respect to others.

I guess it's just my polite, small town, old fashioned, country up bringing. There's a time and place to party and get crazy - public parks with families around is not the place.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Par Member

Talking

Quote:
I'll just go to the courses that don't have this type of people that go to them.
There you answered you question!

See that was simple
Old 04-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 167
I like everything about disc golf except disc golfers. The biggest reason we will never be taken seriously is the company we keep. Obviously plenty of exceptions on here (dgcr) but you need to remember this site constitutes a very very very small percentage of disc golfers. Most are poor trashy druggie inconsiderate low lifes that I would never cross paths with outside of a disc golf course. I realize this makes me seem like the ultimate elitist but just calling it like I have seen it at lots of courses in different parts of the country.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.5
Courses Played: 101
I take my 7 and 8 year-old to play about once a week during the school year and two or three times a week in the summer months. While I've run across some guys that were disrespectfully, I normally use it as a life lesson for my boys. Most of the time we have no problem.

At the same time, I'm fairly well known in my area and normally don't have any issue with the players we run into on the course.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 199
Woo!

Quote:
I don't expect humans to be robots - I expect them to be humans not animals.

So here's someone else that considers public parks to be the same things as a strip club and pool hall. Is that really what city parks have become!

I honestly don't care about the image, I'll just go to the courses that don't have this type of people that go to them. The DG community should stop trying to pretend that it deserves some respect when the people that play it don't have any self respect or show respect to others.

I guess it's just my polite, small town, old fashioned, country up bringing. There's a time and place to party and get crazy - public parks with families around is not the place.
You are correct. But society in general has gone to hell. I won't get into politics or cultural opinion. But, if I was to leave one of my daughters at a course, I would damn sure know that course and its normal atmosphere well. But I don't trust most people or places.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
A: It's disc golf, not the friggin' Masters.

B: You went to Johnson St, arguably the most popular course in the Triad, especially with college guys.
I don't expect slacks, collared shirts and hushed silence. But I don't expect to be concerned about what children would see. There was a couple guy with a few kids playing just ahead of us.

The park overall was pretty clean and in good shape. And as several have commented the people I ran into were very friendly. It just surprised me that she saw all this and made the comment based on what she saw just setting in the parking lot.