Old 04-20-2013, 03:20 PM

Thoughts?

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 4 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some RHFH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Challenger: 270/290'; MD2: 320/340'; D4: 400/430'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: none
Other sport proficiencies?: soccer, Ultimate

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: The molds that are my favorite are: Challengers, MD2, Predator/Tsunami(same mold...Old pred) Gaint. I don't dislike and of my bag but I am definitely open to suggestions.
Specific areas of desired feedback: distance driver between D4 and Gaint and general feedback and opinions of meteor and MD2 midrange combo
Immediate and long-term goals: get better at throwing hyzer angles and more consistent at hyzer flipping

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
173 TP Gaint, (slightly used) - overstable wind fighter
174 VIP Gaint (used) - for distance into a headwind. it will pop a little out of a hyzer and always finish left.
174 D4 (slightly used) - flippy distance , good for tailwinds, hyzer flips and big turnovers

Control drivers

172 opto XXX (slightly used)- overstable utility
173 Z Tsunami (new) - overstable control driver
173 esp Tsunami (slighty used) -stable control driver, great line shaper
174 Z Predator (beat) -slightly understable control driver , hyzerflips, turnovers
170 DX Valkyrie (BEAT) - flippy trick disc. i barely ever use it but it is good for sky rollers and such

Fairway drivers

172 ESP Tracker(newish)- straight with hyzer finish. doesnt flip at all without wind
169 ESP Tracker(used)- flips but fights out and has hyzer finish, good line shaper
175 Goldline River(used)-depending on how much hyzer i put on this disc it can do almost anything. gentle hyzers, hyzer flips to straight and turnover. not fun in headwind
175 Test material(DX) (used) River-hyzerflips to turnover. I could roll this if i need to.

Mids:
175 flx drone (beat) - overstable midrange , i like to turn it out of my hand and let it "s" out. also for spike hyzer and shots that need to cut hard to the left
175 C MD2 (domey newish) -straight with a forward hyzer finish. or dead straight into a headwind.
175 C MD2 (flat newish) -dead staight for me when thrown full power with a little hyzer angle ... love this one
175 ESP meteor (newish) - hyzer flips and turnovers. powered down straight shots

Putters:
170 ESP Zone (Used) - almost exclusively for FH approaches
173 Z Challenger (newish) - stable to slightly overstable putter for driving/ upshots
173 d Challenger (Used) - slightly understable putter for driving and straight approaches
2 174 D challengers (beat)- putting putters

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Lot's o' discs. Do you think you could get rid of some of them and still play as well?
Old 04-20-2013, 04:23 PM

ha. that valk doesnt usually come on the course with me (only if i know i will throw a roller).XXX also doesnt go with unless it is windy. I have been contemplating ditching the two trackers and I don't think that would change my game much. and I was thinking about getting rid of the "DX" river as well. other than that I cannot convince myself to get rid of anything else.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:01 PM
* Ace Member *

I'm all for carrying a lighter lode. If you can ditch some discs, do it. If you were to strengthen your FH game, you could ditch even more.

Do you compete? Looks like you have D figured out. If your putting is strong, and you get a good FH, you'd be a well rounded player.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Wow, someone that throws Trackers. For a middle road distance driver, ever tried a Sword? Heard good things. Nuke might work there too.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:25 AM

I do compete but haven't for a while. I might get back into it this summer . I think with a little work I could have a consistent 250 ft FH but it is too easy to just throw BH .What defines solid putting in your eyes?

I really do enjoy the tracker .They seem similar to an eagle L. As for the sword, for me it seems a little flippy and would overlap with the D4 I am currently liking . Same comment with the nuke, as understable as the D4 I have.

thanks guys
Old 04-21-2013, 03:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Villain? The Nuke apparently can vary a bit stability wise, you may have to look for a "good" one.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 12
I have two one stable and ones overstable. They do in fact vary

Old 04-21-2013, 04:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrmark View Post
What defines solid putting in your eyes?
This is my own opinion, but solid (not top level) putting is:

100% for everything inside 15'.
80% at 20'.
66% from 20-30.
25% from 30-40.
over 40, these should be great putts that you hit occasionally. If you bang these consistently in competition, then you are one of the best putters in the world (Ricky Wysocki). Plus, if you're always that far out, you suck at driving and approaching.

These numbers are obviously not static. Should you make a 16 footer? Yea. Might you miss the 22 footer? Sometimes.

I think a lot of guys say, "Make everything inside the circle." The real problem is that 25-30 range. It's much easier said than done.