Old 12-02-2011, 06:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 542
Throwing Style: RHBH
Legacy Cannon Review Thread

Please post reviews on what you think of the cannon after throwing it at least a dozen times. Also give some info on yourself like how far you throw, if your a righty or lefty, backhand or forehand, main distance driver you throw and all the info you can on the cannon like:

1. Flight
2. glide
3. if you threw it in wind
4. durability
5. how it compares to other discs you throw
6. like it or not
7. distance you got
8. how you threw it
9. any else that may apply

I will give mine next week once I throw a few colors to see.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 27
Here is some video, yes I'm a dork!
http://youtu.be/FsGPegOzFnE

http://youtu.be/kmKxRnDi5rw
Old 12-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 50
woah the cannons look amazing right now. Highly interested in them now and im hoping to get ahold of some sooner or later as soon as i have some money =/
Old 12-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 37
I can give a green review as of right now, but I'll hold off for a few more for clarity. Quite happy so far.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 27
Some lefty side arm drives..
http://youtu.be/Ntka-j-YxUg
Old 12-05-2011, 03:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Ok, I threw 4 colors today at least 10 times each in different winds and with no wind. The temperature was probably around 60 degrees when I threw these and I threw all of them RHBH.

Red Cannon : The red Cannon was the flippiest or most understable color I threw all day. I did turn the disc over a few times when I released it straight with no height. With a head win I threw it with some height and with some hyzer and it seemed to work with huge S bombs. Without the hyzer it would turn over to much. With a tail wind I threw it hard and flat with some height and it worked great for some huge distance. Max throw was 460-470 feet.

Blue Cannon : This color was my personal favorite because I got the most distance, but not by much. With a head wind I threw it flat and got huge distance with a S turn. I also loved when I ripped it well with HYzer and it flipped up and went. With a Tail wind I put a slight anhyzer on the disc and it was a beast, with 2 throws around 500 feet. The plastic also looked new after I threw it on dirt, grass, and into brush when it just went deep. Didnt flip as much as the red cannon.

Lime Cannon: The stability was a little more then the blue or red. I didnt turn the disc into the ground ever. I have the most throws with this color. For some reason I had a few slight S turn throws with this disc, but it flew straighter then the rest of the other 3 color cannons. With head wind I threw it flat and with tailwind I threw it with anyhzer, but it tended to come out of it faster then the blue cannon. The head wind shots it just went straight. I did see my father in law have an incredible snap on it on a slightly up hill 550 foot hole and he was around 450 and he had it do a nice S turn. No wind just release it flat and hard, but always give it a little flight. If you had to throw a low ceiling shot with any cannon use the lime. I wouldnt think it would roll over or come out of it to soon like the red or blue.

Yellow test run Cannon: The yellows I'm selling are the only run of yellows that have more flexibility then the rest. There were more yellow cannons run during Thanksgiving, but not as flexible as the ones I have. These were the most stable of the three, but wow did they impress me and they out drove my champ and star boss when they went head to head on a huge 540 foot hyzer hole. I actually got the cannon to go like 30-40 feet further. the glide was crazy and with the hard finish it just got the Distance. I love the cannon for hyzer bombs that I want to hyzer the entire way and with the flexibility in the plastic I was able to snap a few super straight throws in stable right to left winds. I had to crush a few shots 480+. Looking back at it I wish I would of thrown it on the slight down hill 700 foot hole I was murdering with the blue cannon. If you have a huge throw and snap the yellow is wow.

1. Flight was great with this disc. It didnt disappoint at all.
2. Glide was long and true.
3. I threw it with wind and without.
4. The plastic is durable and showed no signs of use as of now.
5. It only out performed my boss, I didnt match it against my destroyer
6. I love it
7. When I threw it well 430-500
8. All throws were RHBH
9. I plan on leaving the blue and yellow cannons in my bag and feel great about throwing them during my rounds and future tourney play.

Get one and let me know, I threw it at around 2000 feet above sea level.

Last edited by lion; 12-05-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:33 AM
* Ace Member *

How does it compare/contrast to the Rampage?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
How does it compare/contrast to the Rampage?
ditto
Old 12-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 25
Send a message via AIM to xJFK
Is the variation in stability as it's related to color something legacy is doing on purpose?

Old 12-05-2011, 10:22 AM
* Ace Member *

variation in color no, it really depends on how the color pellets change the plastic density and flexibility, its noticeable in lots of plastic companies discs. I know to buy certain colors in certain discs from innova because they perform differently, I first really noticed it in the 2008 1st run bosses. With the bigger rims its harder to get lower weights in the premium plastics and hard to keep all the colors different. If I wasnt looking for certain things alot of people might have not noticed the sometime slight difference in plastic color discs. There are differences, but there not worlds apart. I guess the further you throw the more noticeable it is. The less distance you throw the less the gap is between plastics. The yellow ones I have were made with more flexibility by accident and I love them for that, but I'm not saying there for everyone. All Legacy wants is for all the discs to be the same, but there learning its a never ending battle to make that possible. Legacy is young and learning. This disc is awesome and bold. Speed 14 drivers meet a smaller demographic of throwers, but they still went for it. Now its time to throw and enjoy the Cannon, because we will soon be reviewing The Clutch