Old 07-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Default Next series of discs?

Not really into Prodigy to much, but anyone know if Prodigy is planning a control driver (speed 9-10, 11?) line up? Quite a wide gap between their 7-speed F series and their 13-speed D series. It seems that their sponsored players might suffer from this gap if mixed bags are no longer permitted in 2014; no Firebird equivalent as of yet (I assume F1 isn't quite the same). I probably wouldn't purchase one, but I imagine the demand is out there. I'm guessing the gap in the F series (F4-F6) is not for a faster compliment.

C1: Firebird / XXX?
C2: FL / Beat Predator?
C3: PD / Starfire / Orc / Saint?
C4: Beast / Valk / Fury?
C5: Roadrunner / Avenger SS?

Thoughts? Rumors? Speculation?
Sponsored Links

Last edited by theabacus; 07-14-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3

Just a thought:
Fairway Drivers are not necessarily speed 7, they are a low speed accurate driver. Judging from the pictures I've seen, I think Prodigy may be making speed 8 or 9 fairway drivers.
Whether or not this is the case I do not think there would be much of a gap. The primary difference between warp speed and Fairway is accuracy. My speed 7 can fly within 50 feet of my speed 13.
From my perspective, their lineup will be basically complete if they make speed 8 Fairway Drivers.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Logan View Post
Just a thought:
Fairway Drivers are not necessarily speed 7, they are a low speed accurate driver. Judging from the pictures I've seen, I think Prodigy may be making speed 8 or 9 fairway drivers.
Whether or not this is the case I do not think there would be much of a gap. The primary difference between warp speed and Fairway is accuracy. My speed 7 can fly within 50 feet of my speed 13.
From my perspective, their lineup will be basically complete if they make speed 8 Fairway Drivers.
I believe their current fairway lineup is listed as speed 7; although speed ratings can be deceiving. I suppose feedback on the forum will determine that.

My PDs only go about 20-30 feet further than my Teebirds. For me it is easier, more consistent to get distance from PDs. Is this true with the pros? With the power the pros generate, I think the distance between fairways and maximum distance would be greater; 400 vs. 500 perhaps?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8

Glow...and the internet will break.....
Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 36

I don't see the point. Most people in the pro divisions carry putters, mids, fairways, and distance drivers. There really isn't that much of a gap between fairway drivers and distance drivers.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Par Member

Throwing the F series fairways side by side with escapes and some others, I'd say the speed is closer to a 9.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
I don't see the point. Most people in the pro divisions carry putters, mids, fairways, and distance drivers. There really isn't that much of a gap between fairway drivers and distance drivers.
Firebirds and roadrunners seem to be used by the pros and would be a cd that would be missed by most pros.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH

The point would be for amateur players and a few pros might enjoy having one or two in the bag.. I think they will develop that. If they don't.. They are losing money.