Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 04-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Need just a bit of help with Latitude 64 discs

Well i guess it's more of questions than help...well a bit of both.

I just recently purchased the Latitude 64 Opto Pure and the Gold Line River. Both are amazing,best discs I have ever used. Just wondering what in my bag compares to the different Latitude 64 discs. I guess you could say replace(well some of them).

This is what I have in my bag.

Drivers
Discraft Z Nuke
Discraft Z Nuke SS
Innova Champion Valkyrie
Discraft Z Avenger
Discraft Z Predator
Innova Champion Teebird
Innova Star Teebird
Discraft Z Glide

Midrange
Discraft Ti Buzzz
Discraft Z Comet
Discraft Z Wasp

Driving Putters
Discraft ESP Zone
Discraft APX
Discraft Ringer(Already Using one of My Pure's in place of the Ringer)

My other question is this. Is my Teebird's considered overlap when compared with the River? I threw them side by side earlier and I felt the Teebirds were more stable and the River felt like a Leopard on Steroids.

And one more question. Are all of the Latitude 64 discs as awesome as these two I purchased? If so my bag is going to go through some changes.

For those who take the time to check this out I appreciate it.

Last edited by StarFirebird; 04-25-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 40
I think that youre lying.
Looking at the discs you throw, there is no way a river is the best youve thrown.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
I think that youre lying.
Looking at the discs you throw, there is no way a river is the best youve thrown.
Did you really just say that?

No seriously man.I've never thrown a disc with so much glide and control in my life. I can just barely throw the thing at 70% power and it glides forever. I sold two guys at the course today on this disc. After they played a round with me watching me use the Pure and the River they said they were going to order these.

Now let's hope the next comments are helpful.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
I share your love of Lat 64, and Westside too.

I've never thrown a Glide, but I bet the Underworld or Diamond would be similar.

Warship is pretty similar to Buzzz, maybe a notch straighter and longer.

Saint might be comparable to Teebird.

Fuse is similar to Comet I've heard, never thrown a Comet.

That's all I got, except a day where I am testing out a new Lat64 is always a good day.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 37
Ill tackle the easy question first: there will be no overlap between your Teebirds and River. River is neutral to understable with mad glide. A Teebird is overstable with a little glide. Even a beat-to-piss DX Teebird will not overlap with your River. So no need to worry about that.

Yes, Lat64 is awesome but just like any company, not every disc is a home run. The only ones I bag are the Saint and Pure...but yeah, the Pure is the best putting putter Ive used. I have it in all plastics...everyething from grip to zero to optic to RGL. For driving putters, you could probably replace all you have with just a Pure and a Sinus. Si us is overstable. Other than that, you have a pretty solid bag. If you would post what you use each disc for, you could probably get better responses as to what to replace.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Why don't you do the oppostie? Check out what latitude 64 offers in their line up, and then you can figure out what could be useful for you. I don't want to sound like a smart ass, but it seems logical to me anyway... They don't have a thousand different discs to look at. Inbound disc golf could also be very useful. http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/
Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 11
When I bought my river (which I agree with you is an amazing disc), I also bought a saint. The saint is now the driver I throw the most. This disc also has amazing glide. It's longer than a TeeBird and has a little bit of turn to it. Maybe more like your Valk but with a little less turn? Anyways, it's easily one of my favorite discs in my bag.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.4
The Lat 64 discs I like are; Halo, Villain, Blitz, Saint, Fury, River, Pain, Mace, Fuse, Pure

The Westside discs I like are; Giant, Sword, King, Boatman, Northman, Stag, Warship, Swan 2

The Dynamic Discs discs I like are; Trespass, Escape, Suspect, Judge

You can't go wrong with any of the above, but like, someone, else said, not every disc is a home run
Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 16
Honestly, most Saints are nothing like Teebirds. They don't really like wind too much. A Stag is way more TB like, but still doesn't like wind that much.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Ill tackle the easy question first: there will be no overlap between your Teebirds and River. River is neutral to understable with mad glide. A Teebird is overstable with a little glide. Even a beat-to-piss DX Teebird will not overlap with your River. So no need to worry about that.

Yes, Lat64 is awesome but just like any company, not every disc is a home run. The only ones I bag are the Saint and Pure...but yeah, the Pure is the best putting putter Ive used. I have it in all plastics...everyething from grip to zero to optic to RGL. For driving putters, you could probably replace all you have with just a Pure and a Sinus. Si us is overstable. Other than that, you have a pretty solid bag. If you would post what you use each disc for, you could probably get better responses as to what to replace.
As much as I like my Pure,I may do the same thing. I was making putts today with it that I just don't make with me KC Pro Aviars. I have full confidence making putts with the Pure. that is what you want in a putter.After all these years of playing I've finally found that.

What does the Saint throw like. I've heard it is good as well. I thought about maybe getting the XXX to replace my Predator,but not so sure if that's the right disc.Truthfully I only use my predator for trick shots and get out of crap shots.

Would the Sinus be better than my Zone? I really enjoy my Zone and i use it for quit a bit of holes in my area.

I will do as you suggested and post what I use each disc for.

to other posters: i appreciate your input it has been helpful.