Old 04-28-2013, 02:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: LHBH
Putters as tailwind shot discs?

I noticed recently that my Birdie Bash Summit was going further than some of my faster discs with a strong tailwind. I bought a DX Dart to test my rubber-armed theory, and scored 2 birdies today.

Slower the better on tailwind shots, is this legit?

Also, how does one get a shot upwards with the nose down, as is recommended for tailwinds? Is a tad of (an)hyzer necesary?
Old 04-28-2013, 02:19 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Putters work well but need more height than something which is faster but very understable. I prefer something fast but flippy or an understable mid for anything over 300'

High throws with nose down, for putters is the way to go and even some anhyzer given the stability of the disc being thrown.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Putters work well but need more height than something which is faster but very understable. I prefer something fast but flippy or an understable mid for anything over 300'

High throws with nose down, for putters is the way to go and even some anhyzer given the stability of the disc being thrown.
My problem is throwing a disc on a upward plane that doesn't just hyzer out.

I thought about getting a slow and understable disc, like a Wedge, for tail winds, but chose slow over understable as the key. May try slow understable....

I'm trying to figure out how to not have the wind beat my disc down into the ground !??!
Old 04-28-2013, 02:40 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
I hate tailwinds for that reason^ Slow US is a good way to go. Up-hill or high shots which hyzer out can be for many reasons from uneven throwing plane, grip, the disc in the tailwind. I use either an Anode, Tangent or Amp and my buddy throws a Ridge, Fuse or blizzard katana/Roadrunner (had super flippy gazelle before) which all work very well depending on the distance and line but anything more stable just flies into the ground and will need oat or major anhyzer release to get any D in a tailwind.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 13
Putters are great for tailwind shots. I love throwing a Summit with a strong tailwind. I also throw putters downhill a lot.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:31 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 32
I LOVE using my beat-to-hell SS Wizard for tailwind shots, but it's because it's understable. That's the way to go in wind.

As for getting it high with nose down, that's a little trickier. You can do it with some anny, like you asked, or you can throw a high hyzer, and either hold that line or even get it to flip up some while still hyzering.

Experiment with all your understable discs with a tailwind, once you get it, you'll be amazed.