Old 04-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: LHBH
Just logged my first week throwing a glitter Saint as my main driver. Disc looks like it was painted by a teenager at a slumber party... or better(or worse?): I always imagined this is the color of Unicorn splooge. That being said... I love the flight of this disc. I would not consider it overstable as it reads, but it does fade for me. Mostly it goes straight and straight some more. It is affected adversely by the wind but I carry Firebirds for just such occasions. Great disc. It kicked my XG Valkyrie out of the bag, a great disc in it's own right and the decision wasn't even close. Leopard vs. River on the other hand is proving difficult.... very difficult indeed. There is so much overlap... and yet...
Old 04-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Its weird how everyone has differnt opinions on the same disc. Certainly, there are slight variations on discs run to run, and PLH and dome have a big effect too.

But my Saints are the most reliable and consistent discs in Mt bag next to my Teebirds. I have 6, but I only bag two: a 170 lavashift x-out (so pretty) GL and a 175 RGL. Its grubby and pretty as well. Neither of them are floppy for me. A shallow hyzer gets the perfect hyzer flip...steeper hyzer gets a hyzer bomb. Flat gets a mellow s curve and anhuzer gets me a nice, glidey flex shot. Granted, they don't like the wind, but it is so sneaky long that I used to replace.....

My Kraits because I was turning them over too frequently.

So just goes to show: different strokes for different folks. If you don't click with your discs, meh, it happens. At 10 bucks a piece uoucan demfinetly resell them and at least get your money back.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
I've been seasoning one orange Goldline Saint since the week they released. It makes me look like such a better disc golfer than I am. I have a couple others for backup but they just aren't the same. I kind of hope their new mold the fury will be like a perfectly beat in saint.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 109
The artist formerly known as my go-to driver used to be a Champ Viking.

Until I got my hands on a Saint. I now carry two Recycled Saints (love the feel of the plastic) as my main drivers and bag only on Champ Viking. The two aren't markedly different, but the Saint has a bit more glide for me and feels a ton better in my hand.

Someone earlier mentioned a Northman. I've wanted to try a Northman as well as the flight patterns look similar to the Saint and Viking. Check out the link from Inbounds.

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/cont...777921O&n=1139
Old 04-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
I'm having more flow frustrations as I get older.

When I first got my GL Flow is was a domey glide-less meathook. Now it's broken in to a straight glidey go to driver with dependable end fade. Both my Saints, GL and Opto, have moderate dome and fly enough alike that I only carry the GL. If I throw the Saint poorly it will turn/turn over and never come back. When I throw it well it's straight with a little turn and dependable fade. I'm only throwing the Saint or Flow 330 ft. on a flat release.
^^This is exactly my experience with the Gold Saint. If there is any flaw in my release it turns and burns, but if I release it flat or with slight hyzer it is an arrow. However that line seems to be VERY thin for me, which is why my saint is no long in my bag. (my gold Saint is very flat)
Old 04-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
I've been seasoning one orange Goldline Saint since the week they released. It makes me look like such a better disc golfer than I am. I have a couple others for backup but they just aren't the same. I kind of hope their new mold the fury will be like a perfectly beat in saint.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:52 AM

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCritters View Post
Someone earlier mentioned a Northman. I've wanted to try a Northman as well as the flight patterns look similar to the Saint and Viking. Check out the link from Inbounds.

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/cont...777921O&n=1139
Just a heads up for all that want to try out a Northman, it is a LOT MORE understable than advertised in the Tournament plastic. I had one (that I lost), and just got another (to replace the lost one) in 168g TP. Both of these discs were/are anny machines. So much so that I only use it on the most extreme dogleg right holes. It is great for that shot, just can't even seem to hyzer flip these to straight as they have that much turn.

Wanted to make sure everyone was warned before they get something they weren't trying to get.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinkmixer View Post
Just a heads up for all that want to try out a Northman, it is a LOT MORE understable than advertised in the Tournament plastic. I had one (that I lost), and just got another (to replace the lost one) in 168g TP. Both of these discs were/are anny machines. So much so that I only use it on the most extreme dogleg right holes. It is great for that shot, just can't even seem to hyzer flip these to straight as they have that much turn.

Wanted to make sure everyone was warned before they get something they weren't trying to get.
Thanks for the heads up. Would you say that the Northman being more understable than advertised is about the same as a Saint being called an "overstable" driver? The Saint is NOT overstable in the least, IMO.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. Would you say that the Northman being more understable than advertised is about the same as a Saint being called an "overstable" driver? The Saint is NOT overstable in the least, IMO.
He just gave a heads up about the Tournament Northman. The VIP Northmen are exactly as advertised. The VIP Northmen are nearly exactly like Innova's Star SL (that's now discontinued). You can even compare the two on inbounds if you'd like.

I do agree with the Tournament one being a significant amount more understable , every Westside disc in Tournament will have slightly more high speed turn, and slightly less low Speed fade than adverised

Old 04-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Yeah, I originally got a Saint to replace my Teebirds and boy was I wrong. I guess you could technically call the Saint OS because it does finish left (RHBH) ....but that's like calling an Eagle-L overstable.

I just posted in the thread where a guy was looking for a Replacement Beast and suggested a Northman. In VIP plastic they're pretty darn similar. Ive only thrown a TP Northman once, but it definetly was bordering on flippy. Still had enough fade to not zip off I to crazyland, but where the VIp is pretty neutral (hey, like a Saint!) The TP was surely understable...it finished right even with good fade.