Old 05-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.8
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Either way, pain and soreness is your body telling you to cool it. I'd give it a rest for a while and let things settle down before you resume. By all means, do your homework and find out if form is the cause, just rest the elbow. I have shoulder issues. If I was to practice like that, I'd have to take a couple of months off before it would be back to semi normal, if it would go back that is. I ignored the pain originally and the result is I now have an extremely bad shoulder that limits my play severely.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 24
I suggest taking some time off as well. I started having a breakthrough as well. Although nowhere close to where you are at. This last week I think I played too much as well(for me), and I strained a muscle as well. When I was throwing it felt effortless, but afterwards it started hurting. Rest up, don't go as hard, and then work your way back up to what you are currently doing and see if it is a form flaw via video.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 106
I'm still confused about your description of things although if you are locking the elbow out that is bad. The elbow should never lock out, you don't throw a punch with the elbow locked out or a backhanded fist punch/slap. It might be that you are too focused on elbow speed instead of releasing/ whipping the lower arm. It could also be that you aren't getting or keeping your elbow forward enough, you might try reaching back wide so your arm is closer to the left side of the tee pad than your body at reachback RHBH. The inward pull should be effortless and loose, just enough energy to get into the power zone and maintain plane angles. When I say full extension I'm talking about the whole arm from the body/shoulders through impact and the finish. Notice the wider finish of dan below and the difference in the inward and outward pull line.
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums...24903&start=15
Old 05-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 43
^Holy Crap Sidewinder?! That looks soooo over thought out!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 43
I had seen this thread before and read through it, but the diagrams are kind of hard for me to follow...

It would help me to see the shoulder, elbow, upper & lower arm positions. I tried to add these to the image and it is attached. Would these be correct??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arcsdisc-jpg.jpg (77.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Closer to this:
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums...hp?f=2&t=13291
Old 05-03-2013, 04:39 PM
* Ace Member *

And this. It's hard to really diagram all the minute movements.
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums...hp?f=2&t=21385
Old 05-03-2013, 04:41 PM
* Ace Member *

It should all be part of one fluid movement, and not a multi-staged event. People with different lever lengths and speeds will vary some positions.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
It's like Basquiat meets StrongBad. This thread has been very informative. I do so enjoy any use of a hammer(s) metaphorically or literally.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
I know this is an older thread but this sounds exactly like what I started doing recently. I had a great lesson with a local pro and found that I wasn't following through very well and not on the same plane as my throw. Once I started doing that I instantly got like 50+ more feet on my throws. Except now my wrist/forearm/elbow is sore. I feel a slight sting like my funny bone got tapped.

It feels like my hand and forearm are whipping through so fast it's overtaking the speed of my elbow and hyper extending it.

I snap my hips and when I get to the right pec position I whip my arm as hard as I can and squeeze the disc. I actively whip my arm from 10:00 to 1:00 then it's just the momentum pulling my arm around. But from that 1:00 it seems like my fist is pulling my arm around past my elbow.