Old 09-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
i played like ass. I got stung by some bees.

Man, I got stung a couple times yesterday while attempting a putt. Fortunately, I was able to suck it up and throw my second best round at Hambrick.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHFH
To nice of a day to waste. On an impulse I played a solo round at "the Dizzle" aka Joseph Davis State Park. My score was atrocious, +7. But I loved every minute of it. A lot of experimenting with new plastic, Crank, Atlas, & the Ace Race disc. Actually my drives weren't't bad, my short game was off. Then as I was dialing in my approaches and putting my drives went to hell. But the weather was too gorgeous to do anything but smile, smile, smile!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCritters View Post
I thought the same! The D3 would hit the wind, turn and just hold that line until it petered out. The D4 would hit the wind, turn, hold the line for a second or two and then fight it's way back.

I've been really liking both discs a lot. Glad I gave them a second chance.

I've never thrown a Tern. Been wanting to check them out.
A Tern is very nice. The Champion and Star are two different animals.

I would compare it to the D3 and D4 to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingtastic View Post
Played a course I've never played (Winged Deer Park) today and tried out some new discs (Crank, Tern, Roc3, and a Mace). Did surprisingly well even throwing discs that I'm not familiar with. Thinking I'm definitely gonna have to rethink the all Prodigy bag.
Shoot man I hope you weren't the one I ran into when I wasn't feeling good yesterday. I can be a butthead when I'm sick.

If you got the Mace out of the used basket that was my old one. It's nice and worn even though it doesn't look like it. So it should fly very well.

I was thinking about doing nothing but a Discraft bag a while back,but I eventually took the Challengers out for my Voodoo's and then I took out the Avenger for my Saints and then I pretty much decided to just use a mixed bag.

If you may be going out there again let me know. I'm most of the time playing by myself and would like to get to know more people.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFirebird View Post
A Tern is very nice. The Champion and Star are two different animals.

I would compare it to the D3 and D4 to be honest.
I've been loving my D3 and D4 the past few nights. Was shooting 8 down after 11 tonight using those two as my main drivers. Picked up a PA4, and WOW. Great putter.

Thinking of an all Prodigy bag the way I've been playing with the plastic lately. It'd be hard to give up my Buzzz's, though.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:12 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 36
Last night my friend and I that I play with all the time drew partners last night at Mont Du Lac's doubles night. We decided to play a hybrid of the 2 courses on site, a front 9-front 9 loop. Really windy, been rainy all day so the ground was slick and discs were getting wet. We started ok and traded back and forth with 2 really good guys we were playing against on the card (current 1 & 6 tag holders).
I wiffed a couple 15 footers, but my partner was on fire. He didn't miss inside 35 the whole round. We got into the woods, and started to work right away. We went 4,2,4,3,3,3,2,2,3 with the 2 final birdies in pitch black night, 35 foot putts, one made by each of us. Those sealed the deal for us and we took it down with a -3.
This was my first time winning in doubles and we beat 2 really really good teams I wouldn't have imagined of keeping up with.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:29 AM
500 PDGA Certified Missed Aces Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 57
Up and down last night, two rounds at LTC Cleveland. Lots of birds, and plenty of blowups. -2 both rounds.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 28
Won leagues last night. All of four other people were there. One was obnoxiously playing music the whole time.

Made some good throws. Had bad luck once or twice.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 46
Played Timmons in Greenville, SC.

Skipped into the creek on the first hole, and made the putt for par. Birdied 2 through 9. 3-putted on 10 for a bogey, then birdied 12 through 16. 19 (front) + 24 (back) = 43 (-11).

Quite possibly the most lop-sided round I've played out there.... It was a blast, though!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 41
Awesome. I almost aced hole 18 at Crockett Park (ace run!)

Old 09-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by stun View Post
Played Timmons in Greenville, SC.

Skipped into the creek on the first hole, and made the putt for par. Birdied 2 through 9. 3-putted on 10 for a bogey, then birdied 12 through 15. 19 (front) + 24 (back) = 43 (-11).

Quite possibly the most lop-sided round I've played out there.... It was a blast, though!
Fixed an error...