Disc Golf Store
Old 09-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
I won our weekly and doubles afterwards yesterday! Turning a $2 investment into $25 is a pretty good day for me. Ace runs were everywhere, and it almost felt easy once I was warmed up. I wish every day could go like that.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:47 PM

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 4
scored an 88 at Wickham Park in Manchester, CT (only played 18 and not the alphabet holes)

Best I've done at the course as my previous scores were over 100 with or without playing the extra 4 holes.

Most of the reduction in my score is due to just doing a smooth pull through teeing off and letting it fly like that, my 138g Teebird goes dead straight with zero fade, I think I pulled off a 300 foot drive twice with it today (my norm is 220-250, but that is when I was muscling everything) Also loving the Roc as the past 3 or so rounds with it I've hit some long putts, had a 20 footer sneak between two trees and fade at just the right moment to bang chains today on hole 13 I believe. Last weekend at Cross Farms in Tolland, CT I had a 100 foot blind throw with one of my Rocs that banged chains, I felt so good after that. Next day I scored an 82 on a course I normally score 89 (literally almost every time I play Cross Farms I score an 89) If nothing I am fairly consistent on that course. Now that I have better form I think my scores will drop lower. I did find that the Prometheus I bought really only works as a roller for me.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: LHBH
Won a doubles round with J.D.. Shot a bogey free -11 at School House Gulch.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 90
Got to mess around with my new Northman for the first time WITHOUT 25 - 30 MPH WINDS....

Great disc. Could really replace the Viking I just ordered.

Shot 4 down at the local course and had a good conversation with a good friend. Can't ask for much more than that.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

still practicing the course for the tourny. this weekend, played like garbage this morning. hit the first tree if applicable, one time sending my new tp giant into a pond. still played a great recovery game and shot under par but god was it dirty. they just installed teepads at this course, and the angles are different than how the course played before, what a mind ****.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:11 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 69
Played a B-tier tournament 61 total holes on 3 tough courses with tough layouts. No Double bogies! Pretty sure that's the first time I've done that.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Hadn't played a round in about a month. Went out and hit 8 birds and one bogey (ob water) in a round that felt very good. I tend to do better in a round when I'm taking it easy and playing with a calmer attitude. The more aggressive I am, the worse I tend to do. I need to work on transitioning this over to tournament rounds.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatsmith View Post
Won a doubles round with J.D.. Shot a bogey free -11 at School House Gulch.
SHG love!!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:34 PM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 36
won our weekend league yesterday and the day before played one of my best rounds i can remember.. and still left a couple out there... finally feels like my oldself is coming back into form

Old 09-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 7
I had a awesome day on my local 9 hole course. I ended up my 1st round with a +3/ 30 and a 2nd round of a +2/ 29. These are not the best scores ever (to some) but my game is getting better. I have been making better/stronger shots along with better disc choices as well.

My shot of the day was where I was blocked from the basket by a building and had to throw a blind hyzer to the basket. I end up there having to make this shot sometime and I have gotten close to the basket several times. Today was the day I heard the awesome sound of chains smashing and it was loud! I was afraid I would find my beat down trusty Tbird on the ground...when I got to the basket, it was laying face down in there! This was my longest shot for a bird, ever!