Old 11-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 109
Throwing Style: RHBH
Every bit as cold today, but the wind was much more mellow. Shot three down over 18 on the home course.

It felt good to walk the course and be the only one out there.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Birdie Member

Hell yeah great weekend! We had our club's season final bag tag event on Saturday and I played so-so. Shot a +2 on 19 holes and left about 6 strokes on the course with missed birdies and poor upshots. Took the 24 tag for the season out of about 100 members. On Sunday we played a casual dubs round and I drew my son for a partner. We did real well, shot -3 and took second place. Later, we played in a group of 7 and played a round of bag switch which was fun. I shot real well with a +2 and had a great day. We played with a young man who's rating was 1012 and it was amazing to watch the lines he hit, the distance, and the putting. It is always a treat to play with great young players and learn from them!
Old 11-27-2013, 08:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
Played the valley for my second and third time today. Not too shabby! Birdied hole 18 with a 30 foot putt to end on a good note. I'm digging the destroyer.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 8
Shot Sylmar yesterday.

Rd 1 - +1 (using only an Icon Clutch)
Rd 2 - -3 (full bag)
Rd 3 - +2 (full bag)

The course was almost in its easiest possible layout, so I didn't shoot amazingly well. The -3 round featured 2 doubles. In fact, every round had at least one double.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 1
Rusted Solid

I finally got to play a round today for the first time since Oct 4th. What a joke. I think I got like 13 over par, missed about 10 putts, threw half my drives into the ground, and generally had a really bad day of disc golf.

But, I am thankful that I can even get out and play. Now I just need to get the old arm working again, and try and stay loose out there.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.5
After my craptastic showing at Hiestand yesterday, was all about field work today.

Figured out my problem.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 18
I shot a 30 today in my first round. Not too bad considering the rust I've accumulated this week plus the cold and wind. I was warm with five layers but was a little more limited on mobility. Still better to play than not.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Aside from a few holes I played pretty bad. First real round with the blend judge and not quite used to the feel and release point for it yet. Haven't used a fresh judge in a while. Classic fugitive was money like usual though. Parked several upshots to make a lot of threes I didn't really deserve based on drives.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.4
Courses Played: 35
Played 36 holes at a couple local courses. Started the day on the day on the only par 4 I'd see and threw into both hedgerows for a double bogey. Went on to thow 3 more bogies, all on OB penalties. 3 birdies and 3 two putts to end up 2 over. Played a quick second round at a pitch n putt with 5 birdies and a bogey. Two 2-putts.

I carried a bag today which is really unusual for me. I quit carrying a bag a few years ago except for special circumstances and yesterday and today were the 3rd and 4th time for me this year. But I want to be used to carrying a bag for a tourney on Sunday that will require re-tees if I miss a couple islands. I'm not quite confident in my ability to pull it off with just 4 discs. I certainly don't want to be "that guy" without a disc to throw at a crowded tournament. I'll have to admit I was getting sucked up a little in having a quiver of different discs even if it was only 10. So I played the second round with the regular 4 discs in my hand just to remind myself why I do it.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 25.4
My wife was out of town while I stayed home with the 4-year-old. We don't make it past three or four holes when I've tried to take him Discing with me, so I set up my so-called Discatcher in the front yard, worked on upshots and mids. Felt GREAT. I'm getting better as I get older despite losing power. It's weird, to be honest. Why couldn't I have figured the RHBH out when I was in my twenties?