First round, +25 (605 Rating)
Second round, +28 (703 Rating)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Shot a 7+ playing Cali during winter leagues today. Not a bad score considering how hard the course is. On the bright side, I hit one of the ctp's. So at least I got my money back. :/
Old 12-01-2013, 08:53 PM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 90
Not bad...tied my best of -3 on the local 9...without being able to play #1, which is usually a good shot at bird. Drives just keep getting better, and the putting is ON right now.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 100
I played exceptionally well today. -6 from the red tees and their very generous pars. I put together a very consistent round with only 2 bogeys and 8 birds.

For some unknown reason, I was throwing really far today. I wish I knew why.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Shot a couple rounds with my buddy Jim and HeavyCritters. First round, meh...second round, I was on after a bogey on 1. Putting was solid, drives were crap for most part. Spent a lot of the day scrambling.

And it was 40 in WI...pretty freakin' good day.
Although I played like utter and complete horsesh yesterday, I had a blast playing with you and Jim. Fun course, good convo, beautiful day. You were on fire during round 2.

Not much more you could ask for.

Today was a another beautiful WI day, so I played the local course and then threw from a standstill at the local football field and just worked on form, form, form.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Not great, not bad. Played my first chili dog league. +1 at kaposia, really fell apart on some holes and missed birdies I should have had easily. I'm talking like 10 foot putts. Birdied 8 and 10 though, that was satisfying.
Chili dog!!!!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCritters View Post
Chili dog!!!!
yeah, it was pretty fun! i think it might be the only time i go this winter since i work saturdays usually. some guys go out every sunday too, the "mediocrities" they call themselves or something like that. i've been joining them (it's free) and they usually play 2 rounds, today we played 3. great bunch of guys and fun to be around.

i've actually been very sore lately after rounds; my left knee (weird, since i throw RHBH, but maybe not since it was my shovel-kicking leg for 6.5 years) has been killing me as has my back. i might be taking it easy for a bit and not throw everyday.

my back and knee really killed my first couple rounds; i shot +11, then +5, then after my body finally realized i was just going to keep throwing and decided to cooperate, threw +1 again.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
yeah, it was pretty fun! i think it might be the only time i go this winter since i work saturdays usually. some guys go out every sunday too, the "mediocrities" they call themselves or something like that. i've been joining them (it's free) and they usually play 2 rounds, today we played 3. great bunch of guys and fun to be around.

i've actually been very sore lately after rounds; my left knee (weird, since i throw RHBH, but maybe not since it was my shovel-kicking leg for 6.5 years) has been killing me as has my back. i might be taking it easy for a bit and not throw everyday.

my back and knee really killed my first couple rounds; i shot +11, then +5, then after my body finally realized i was just going to keep throwing and decided to cooperate, threw +1 again.
Nice ending score!

When I lived in the Cities, I always wanted to do the Chili Dog, but I was here in Wisconsin on the weekends. People said it was a great time.

I've got a buddy that plays Acorn and Oakwood in the winter quite a bit. Usually two rounds. Man, I miss winter disc golf in the Cities.

Oh, and I feel you about the pain. Not sure which side of 40 you're on (I'm on the bad side by a year), but my back, elbow and legs are generally always sore nowadays.

'
Old 12-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 74
Covered a wide range today on my day trip to Jackson, MS. After almost two weeks off I was more than a little rusty, taking 9 or so holes to get into a groove at Chautauqua. Picked up some steam at Center City (very nice course, btw - rough around the edges but challenging in a fun way), making some nice shots (including sinking a ~80 ft tomahawk from well into the wooded rough!), but sort of fell apart towards the end of the round. In all my driving was way up and down, but I approached well and putted quite well, not missing any I felt were locks, and only a handful from inside the circle that I wasn't getting re-routed by guarded pins. It felt good to get back out on the course, and great to play in an area I hadn't visited before. Plus, taking my Simian out for its first road trip reinforced how much I love this bag! All the space a boy could ask for and having the stool was awesome.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCritters View Post
Nice ending score!

When I lived in the Cities, I always wanted to do the Chili Dog, but I was here in Wisconsin on the weekends. People said it was a great time.

I've got a buddy that plays Acorn and Oakwood in the winter quite a bit. Usually two rounds. Man, I miss winter disc golf in the Cities.

Oh, and I feel you about the pain. Not sure which side of 40 you're on (I'm on the bad side by a year), but my back, elbow and legs are generally always sore nowadays.

'
Haha, only 25 unfortunately. This year will be interesting; I have never done winter golf before. Rollers will be a non-option. Pancake thumbers and tommy shots will slide and skip way more than usual.