Old 05-18-2014, 10:43 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
I played 18 here, which is my home course I guess. Logged my best score ever there at +4. I know I could have done better, had 6x 2putts, had 4 poor drives, but bombed the rest of them while my approach/recovery shots were lights out. Parking everything past the teepad. Felt good but I see TONS of room for improvement. My distance potential is really coming into play on lots of holes and if I can just work on my putting to a point of perfection from within 25' I will be scoring under par regularly.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:05 PM

Courses Played: 5
I played well 2 weeks ago. But then I played supremely decently in Prague and followed it up by a killer-awful round [yesterday] in MI. So much for teaching the in-laws "how it's done"...

I'll need a redemption round at my local course in Moses Lake since I missed getting on in Cle Elum in my rush to return home after several weeks on the road.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
I played pretty solid today. I was putting my drives 350-380, normally I'm more 330-350. I beat my am1 buddy by 1 and upgraded my tag from 26 to 13.

Thankfully he wasn't around for my second round where I fell apart shortly after nailing a 100'+ shot for a 2 on 460' hole.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:50 AM

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: LHBH
It was a ruff day. My partner and I could not make a putt inside 10 feet all day. Rain during both rounds (Sunday doubles and a singles round). Drives were coming out late and lost any and all grip in the hands. Just have to keep saying better days! Got to play around with my new s line pd. got to say I'm loving it already and can't wait for it to break in just a little
Old 05-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Competed in the Greater Milwaukee Open in Rec this weekend. Pretty crappy rounds at both Dretzka courses, with a respectable round at Brown Deer in the middle. Had bouts in both bad rounds where nothing seemed to be going right...couldn't hit a line to save my life, errant upshots, three putts, the whole gamut. Very hungry to go back for more knowing that I left so many strokes out on the course, but some practice time in the field is definitely in order.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfire25 View Post
I shot a 59 followed by a 55 at the z-boaz open! I'm tied for second with the third round kicking off in 40 mins. Not bad for my second tourney in intermediate. A couple dudes were talking crap and calling me a bagger lol. I was like really? I'm rated 883, but you just can't reason with drunk people.

I'm out of first by 2 strokes. Make or break time!
Well, I guess it was break time. I shot a 69 in the last round and lost 1st place by 1 stroke in intermediate. I'm glad I played up a division because I would have felt like a complete bagger in rec (except for the last round).

Overall I had a great time! I'm just happy I could compete in a higher division. I know I could have won it. That last round was awful. I took back to back 6's on some par-able holes. I'm almost contemplating playing up in advanced but I'll see how the next one goes.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 71
shot even on a glow round. had the worst shift at work last night so i didnt get off till 8, then as i got there me and my buddies were stuck behind a train for 15 min. finally got to the course. threw a solid glow round, it even rained a little. had a great time out there despite all the bull****
Old 05-19-2014, 11:12 AM
500 PDGA Certified Missed Aces Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 74
didn't throw all weekend...tweaked something in the groin/hip region on Friday, and didn't want to make it worse. Of course, it was freakin' gorgeous out all weekend...but did manage to find three discs in the river while walking the dog yesterday, none with numbers. Couple DX's and a Star Xcal...might have to play with the Xcal for headwind shots.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 39
Shot alright today. Hit a few 60 footers. My putting game was hurting though, kept clanking them at 15' and my 30 footers were hitting the basket.

The most exciting part of today though was my last drive of the day, hole 18 on Codorus Red (481'). I drove past it about 20'. Farthest drive I have ever had and I finally broke the 500' mark. Yes it was downhill but I don't care, 500' is far lol.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHFH
I wasn't playing so great today. My drives were bad, my putts weren't so hot... Obviously, the correct thing to do is to change back to Rhynos from Magnets