Old 06-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
First time out with a friend who has played for a long while...but not in a few years. 15-20 mph winds messing with us. I planned on having fun and not worrying about score and didn't even pay attention. Missed back to back birdie putts to end the day on 17 & 18....check the final...WTF!!!!! New personal best by 1 stroke. Apparently I need to not pay attention more often. And both of those putts hit chains, so close to smashing my best by 3. Oh well...i'll take it.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
I forgot how to putt... and then I remembered

First 9... hit ALL THE TREES... AND missed the putts... but got a birdie... second 9... 7 pars with 2 bogeys 2 clangs that would've made my first par round... well... there's always next time...

HIT SOOOOOO MANY TREES...
Old 06-04-2014, 12:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
Played an early morning round and had the park all to myself, save the dog walkers. This time it wasn't nearly as hot, so I was able to finish the round. All the holes were in the long position, so a good day was not to be. I got a +8. Whatevs. I only threw 2 discs, the Inertia and Ion. Nothing else was necessary. If my rollers would have worked today, I would have scored 4 throws better. It's just so hard to get that angle every time. They either don't stand, or turn over too much. I need to keep working on them. Overall, it was a good round.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 12
-1 today @ The Farm in Farmington Hills, MI. Was -2 but a nice tree on #7 changed that for me. Played from the longs today as well.....man this course can be a pain.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
Simple thread. Just post how you played today.

Showed up to Bryant today at like 10am, 70 degrees and no wind. Looks like they burnt the rough on hole one, which is great. But i've been watching a lot of Metalocalypse lately so i could only think of playing while it was all on fire.

proceeded to bogey the third hole, which is a 240' straight shot, and my whole round fell off. didn't make a damn putt today and scraped by even. i walked off after the front loop.. but saw a hawk catch a snake on my way out. that was cool.
I wanna play a hole that's on fire... or one with a fire hazard!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Played 24 holes at the Willows in Winona, had 8 birdies and 6 basket hits/chain-outs on birdie putts.

Pretty good for me.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 37
+6 at mt airy forest last night won rec division in the pdga weekly. Nothing but rainy day hallway practice today.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo View Post
First time out with a friend who has played for a long while...but not in a few years. 15-20 mph winds messing with us. I planned on having fun and not worrying about score and didn't even pay attention. Missed back to back birdie putts to end the day on 17 & 18....check the final...WTF!!!!! New personal best by 1 stroke. Apparently I need to not pay attention more often. And both of those putts hit chains, so close to smashing my best by 3. Oh well...i'll take it.
So after setting my personal best from the mid tees yesterday I had a fairly rough fieldwork session today at lunch. I was almost thinking of skipping a round tonight but the wife & kid were out so I figured why not. I ran 2 concurrent rounds from mid and short tees.

Wow...what a day. Through the front 9 I was in fairly decent shape 1 and 2 strokes off the pace when I had set my prior bests. Avoided a few mishaps on the first tough holes on the back nine then absolutely dominated. The best was my first ever 2 on a 400' hole that came off an absolutely crushed drive and a sunk 60-70' putt. From 13-18 I was just on fire for both rounds....with 2 pars, 8 birdies, and 2 eagles! That's -12 over the last 12 total holes. Woot.

Ended the day tying the personal best I set from the mid tees yesterday and beating my personal bets from the shorts by 2.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Snuck in 14 holes at Herman hill after work trying to prep for the doo dah this weekend. Well aside from it being hot as hell, I gained some confidence for this weekend. Hit trees on first two holes, but managed to save par. Next two holes parred, then threw a drive from short and long tee on next hole and birdied them both. Went par birdie bogey after that and ended up happy enough to head home. I replayed hole one first and birdied it from two seperate throws for good measure. Can't wait for this weekend.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 71
-1 at a new course. second round i just ace ran everything. probably shot +3 ish. had a job interview that i rocked.

and then shot +1 at riverside in st cloud