Old 07-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHBH
We had our yearly Worst Disc Doubles this afternoon. To be fair, we didn't do true worst disc, we played where only one of you needs to putt it in. We did true worst disc last year, and that was pretty miserable. This year went waaay better score-wise.

Anyways, I was the odd man out and won with a +3 on 18 holes. This got me thinking about the fairness of odd man out on worst disc. I feel like it's an advantage to more experienced players, but completely screws anyone who's more beginner/intermediate level. I don't know any way around it, but it just got me thinking.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2014, 12:02 AM

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 25
Got a personal best on my home course @ Lost Creek DGC, Superior, NE. If I would of placed my 2nd round opening shot a little better or nailed the 30 foot putt, I would of been able to take it to a -8 but had to settle with a -7(long tees/white)
My putting was right on target for the rest of the round. Had a -4 the first round. Still learning how to harness this KS/NE wind. The crazy thing about putting was I was able to visualize the putt going in and changed my stance and it seemed to work. 1st round I did loose concentration on a putt and ended up nailing the top of the cage but everything else felt really good.
I plan on going to my first tournament in 6-7 years, on the 12th so I'm trying to get a feel of what division I should enter. Either way, I'm ready to learn more and improve more and most importantly, keep feeding my addiction to this wickedly awesome sport.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 13
I am on a fishing trip in the Northwoods of Wisconsin... so I couldn't pass up the chance to play Sandy Point. First off, it was an amazing course and amazing experience. Well laid out and designed, great amenities (don't tell my fiancee this, but the cute blonde in the pro shop was a nice perk too!). I expected the course to eat me alive as I usually struggle on technical wooded courses and that is what that course is.

However, I absolutely crushed the course. I did not miss a single putt inside the circle (which is insane for me). I threw my Comets a ton (and threw them great), playing for 3s and taking 2s if I could. Only took one 4 on the day, on a 500'+ hole that I played well for me, just came up a little short on my approach and missed the ~45' putt. Carded 7 birdies to finish with a 6-under 69.

Picked up a JL Teebird and a KC Glow Roc with a Sandy Point muskie (so freaking sweet!) stamp from the proshop. Got some great pictures and even a video of me busting a Comet dead nuts straight (even if it was little short) down one of the cooler tunnel shot holes. It was an absolutely wonderful experience! Days like today are the reason I disc!
Old 07-02-2014, 01:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 48
I shot -1 through 14 holes and birdied the last 5 in a row to pull out a -6 through 19 holes. So, not bad by any means, but not nearly as good as I feel I can shoot.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
I am on a fishing trip in the Northwoods of Wisconsin... so I couldn't pass up the chance to play Sandy Point. First off, it was an amazing course and amazing experience. Well laid out and designed, great amenities (don't tell my fiancee this, but the cute blonde in the pro shop was a nice perk too!). I expected the course to eat me alive as I usually struggle on technical wooded courses and that is what that course is.

However, I absolutely crushed the course. I did not miss a single putt inside the circle (which is insane for me). I threw my Comets a ton (and threw them great), playing for 3s and taking 2s if I could. Only took one 4 on the day, on a 500'+ hole that I played well for me, just came up a little short on my approach and missed the ~45' putt. Carded 7 birdies to finish with a 6-under 69.

Picked up a JL Teebird and a KC Glow Roc with a Sandy Point muskie (so freaking sweet!) stamp from the proshop. Got some great pictures and even a video of me busting a Comet dead nuts straight (even if it was little short) down one of the cooler tunnel shot holes. It was an absolutely wonderful experience! Days like today are the reason I disc!
Sandy Point is awesome!! I hope to get back there this fall on a little trip over to Highbridge and south!
Old 07-02-2014, 01:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Played today with my bro for the first time in months. I fell apart on the back nine. I got a +8 on the back 9 alone, and +12 overall for the round. I missed 8 putts within 25 feet. I NEED to get better at putting since it's killing my scores.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 20
Bagged a new course in a new state on a road trip since I convinced my wife we could hit a quick 9 holes to stretch the legs. Found an easy short nine not far off the highway and didn't expect much after no sleep and 10 hours in a car. Granted it was a really easy nine.... But I shot -7. Can't complain about that. Now back in the car to finish the trek and bag some Charleston courses this week
Old 07-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHFH
BigSky, I feel you. I play with a buddy who outputs me any day of the week. We both have practice baskets at home, but his is easy to move, and light, a production model. I built mine and currently it's not usable. His scores continue to improve, while mine improved for a while last year for a while before my basket broke.

Anyways, we were both playing well on Valley Springs today outside Durham, NC, but on hole 14 I began to implode. Not just putts- I started losing all control of my drives. Sitting at -1 I went on to score a bogie, followed by a pair of doubles, and another bogie. I finally parred 18, but this course has 22 holes, and my woes continued. It's such a great course, and when my meltdown began I really stopped enjoying it.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 23
Well first off its to dang hot out here but i have to go throw! Had a pretty good day at Red Mtn. I even had 2 birds and 6 pars! All great for me.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHFH
Overall it was a pretty good day, I shot dead even at good ole Oregon Park and should have been 2 under if not for some bad judging of distance on a couple of shots.

Played withy daughter and she putted really well. Once she gets her drives going over 70ft she might actually play a round instead of just throwing when she feels like it.

It was pretty windy today and that lead to some weird flight paths on a couple of shots. I used my Stiletto on a couple holes and in the headwinds it was deadly, but in a crosswind it did something really strange; it was on #5 which you throw from behind a hill over a ditch and then back uphill through the woods.

It started out with some turn which is of course odd for that disc and then all of a sudden rotated to the right(on a RHFH throw) and dumped drastically almost completely vertical with almost no time in between. Still a decent placement but a bit more right than I wanted.

Good day overall, got done as the Thursday double league was starting.