Old 08-18-2014, 11:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
did some field work and threw a 470' bomb with my pro destroyer. that was pretty fun; little to no wind aid.

it seems kind of arbitrary how far my disc goes once it gets past 415' or so. must have to do with height and stability. i will have to keep working on my distance lines to get the hang of them. i've started to realize that distance lines aren't really lacking control - they are just necessary things to get to where you're going. they can be touchy. i can't throw flat and put a newish star destroyer out to 450' or even 430'. probably 400'...and that's okay because distance lines don't have to be *max* distance lines. there's a distinction to be made and i think i'm finally cracking from "distance line" territory, understanding them more and getting into "max distance line" territory hopefully. it's fun.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
did some field work and threw a 470' bomb with my pro destroyer. that was pretty fun; little to no wind aid.

it seems kind of arbitrary how far my disc goes once it gets past 415' or so. must have to do with height and stability. i will have to keep working on my distance lines to get the hang of them. i've started to realize that distance lines aren't really lacking control - they are just necessary things to get to where you're going. they can be touchy. i can't throw flat and put a newish star destroyer out to 450' or even 430'. probably 400'...and that's okay because distance lines don't have to be *max* distance lines. there's a distinction to be made and i think i'm finally cracking from "distance line" territory, understanding them more and getting into "max distance line" territory hopefully. it's fun.
get on my level with 500+
Old 08-19-2014, 01:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
get on my level with 500+
workin' on it.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 45
I didn't play too bad actually...Tyler State Park is now in the infamous "All C" position getting ready for the Yetter tournament. I shot +2 yesterday for 18 holes in the C position. There are some new holes which some of you have never seen at Tyler. There are 9 new holes being added to make Tyler have two 18 hole courses.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 6
Not horrible. Working with some discs that are new to me. Found out that JK pro Valkyries are much more OS than JK champ Valkyries. To the point that my jk pro and the Viking I was carrying are pretty much the same disc. The roc3 I traded for is awesome. The champ panther saved my bacon after a horrible tee shot. Finding the chief to be a great putting putter for me as well as driving and approaching quite well with it. My leopard that is in the bag is AMAZING. Right in the sweet spot and very workable. My TI mantis did not get much work today. But when it is drive, approach with the chief and drop in, no real need for the extra fairway. All in all I found that at least on my home course anything over speed nine is not needed or missed.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 76
Well... Until I read the posts just a couple before mine about field work distance I was really excited. (Just kidding.)

Actually, I still am really excited. My daughter and I were going to play some tennis and our disc bags were in the car, too. So I just wanted to get in about 20-25 practice throws on the practice football field beside the courts.

After getting warmed up I was very pleased with some nice drives on low (for me) lines. I normally get a bit more height on drives with my Terns, but kept them lower today. My OLF drives were also really good, too.

I was consistently in the 350-360' range, with usable, accurate distance with the Terns. I was staying on line pretty well, too. Then I had what is probably my longest drive ever on level ground with no wind at 380'. It was a slight hyzer flip with one of my Starlite Terns, 151g. Plus it was directly on line to my target!

This actually gives me hope that I still might be able to, one day, break the 400' barrier which still is really exciting for me!
Old 08-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Well... Until I read the posts just a couple before mine about field work distance I was really excited. (Just kidding.)

Actually, I still am really excited. My daughter and I were going to play some tennis and our disc bags were in the car, too. So I just wanted to get in about 20-25 practice throws on the practice football field beside the courts.

After getting warmed up I was very pleased with some nice drives on low (for me) lines. I normally get a bit more height on drives with my Terns, but kept them lower today. My OLF drives were also really good, too.

I was consistently in the 350-360' range, with usable, accurate distance with the Terns. I was staying on line pretty well, too. Then I had what is probably my longest drive ever on level ground with no wind at 380'. It was a slight hyzer flip with one of my Starlite Terns, 151g. Plus it was directly on line to my target!

This actually gives me hope that I still might be able to, one day, break the 400' barrier which still is really exciting for me!
That is what impresses me most about Terns, the distance you can get with them on golf lines. And I am certain it will be the disc I break 400' with.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 54
It wasn't today but I had a great round on Sunday. Got my first ace - #2 at Loriella!! Also had 5 birdies and finished with a 50; 5 under my previous best.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KniceZ View Post
It wasn't today but I had a great round on Sunday. Got my first ace - #2 at Loriella!! Also had 5 birdies and finished with a 50; 5 under my previous best.
Good job on the ace

Just a little above average day for me, finished +1 for one round.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Bogey Member

Played pretty poorly today at my home course; -13 course par (+3 pro par [57]). I'm chocking it up to a pulled arm muscle from last night's DG. I'd be sad but I tied for 1st place in amateur division local leagues last night after only playing for a couple months after a 15 yr break. I happened to not throw OB and win the playoff. Any night I get to play a round is a great night!