Old 08-21-2013, 01:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 36
Why would you want a FR over another run?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
Why would you want a FR over another run?
He just said a fresh Vector, not a fresh FR. Try again please!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
meh.

he was talking a lot about the "FR", i guess. either way, it doesn't really matter. i'm just waiting on more eclipse.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
When the eclipse vector was first released i bought one. It was the first run of them made, its not officially a "first run stamp" or anything, its like when people say 1st run shock, the first ones that were made.. lol, i assure you its a real thing that exists. You could call any run of a disc mold that is the first to be sold, the "first run" of that mold.

I'm not sure if your trolling, or just slow.
I think what he was trying to tell you, is that unlike the normal run of proton Vectors (non-eclipse), the eclipse proton vectors have no inconsistency between the runs of the disc.

I too have a "First Run" eclipse vector, and it flies no differently than any of the other run of eclipse vectors i've thrown and held.

Last edited by Discblaster; 08-21-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discblaster View Post
I think what he was trying to tell you, is that unlike the normal run of proton Vectors (non-eclipse), the eclipse proton vectors have no inconsistency between the runs of the disc.

I too have a "First Run" eclipse vector, and it flies no differently than any of the other run of eclipse vectors i've thrown and held.
I hope your FR Eclipse behaves better than my early run E Vector did. The stupid thing would warp anytime the temp dropped below 60 degrees. This would make it uselessly flippy. Completely put me off Eclipse plastic.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan McGee View Post
I hope your FR Eclipse behaves better than my early run E Vector did. The stupid thing would warp anytime the temp dropped below 60 degrees. This would make it uselessly flippy. Completely put me off Eclipse plastic.
Fortunately for me (except that I actually like cold weather and hate the heat) the temperature RARELY ever drops below 60 deg here in Long Beach, CA
Old 08-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Wow, surprised to hear that. While I don't have a Vector, I do have Anodes and Ions in Eclipse and I used them all winter long without a single issue. Sorry to hear about your experience with the Eclipse overmold.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Seasoned Tangents are a pretty beautiful thing. Very fuse like.
i picked up a 173 proton tangent today; dark blue, no stamp, sparkly.

truth be told i had no intention of buying one but i thought "what the hell are the odds of finding this ever again in this particular store?" and had to buy it.

threw it; very very neutral with some turn if i really gave it the juice. weird disc. great straight shooter, but i already have an axis . . . we'll have to see.

definitely can see this beating into exactly what you said, mike. but i'm afraid it might be too pretty to throw . . . also saw some black neutron vectors, a first for me.

it has more sparkle that that, though. it's also fingerprint city, yuck.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
When the eclipse vector was first released i bought one. It was the first run of them made, its not officially a "first run stamp" or anything,
TYCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discblaster View Post

ja, exactly. because there is no difference between the vector you bought right away, and the one you buy today. they're all production run vectors, EXCEPT the proton vectors that say "first run" on them.

Quote:
youre TRIPPIN. what characteristic of plastic changes drastically at 60 degrees? ive used eclipse vectors from -20 to 95 degrees this year, they fly the same regardless.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:44 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Nolan, i was just trying to give a reference for how old the disc was, how long i have thrown it, a measure of time, how long it took to beat in, etc.. Hope that makes sense.

Although, some Proton core plastic does feel different lately, gripy, more gummy, little softer. Compared to some of the new ones i have felt, the old FR is definitely stiffer and more slick. Flight, im sure is unaffected though.
Closed Thread