Old 09-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have actually been pretty much uninterested in disc golf directly because of MVP.. They need to release a new disc lol. Football season is here meaning warm weather is drifting..
Old 09-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
I have actually been pretty much uninterested in disc golf directly because of MVP.. They need to release a new disc lol. Football season is here meaning warm weather is drifting..
Pffft... Casuals.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 28
lol. I play sometimes in the winter.. But I hate the winter with a passion. Cold sucks so I don't go in it much. Sadly, seasonal depression.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 10
That's a really cool picture. If it got like that around here during the winter I wouldn't be playing.

I actually prefer playing in the winter once the woods clear out. I hate poison ivy. The worst it gets here requires a little layering with long johns.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 18
I've been missing some good ol fashion MVP hype. When are they going to release something new? Even a teaser would be good at this point! At least then we'd know that something is coming out soon
Old 09-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 103
MVP Disc Sports - July 9 via FB page:

The Sky's the limit! Check out this rare Natural Beauty that came off the line today.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 103
MVP Disc Sports Photographer's Note: This photo was captured with a long shutter exposure and throwing a Tangent with lights attached to create this stellar flight path.

these guys rock.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 46
So I've been throwing putter rounds again to clean up the slop in my form. I'vr smashed chains dead center three rounds in a row now. Might be the year for a birthday ace at this rate, comin up soon

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Last edited by Mike C; 09-09-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
So I've been throwing putter rounds again to clean up the slop in my form. I'vr smashed chains dead center three rounds in a row now. Might be the year for a birthday ace at this rate, comin up soon

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Wow, Can't believe #6 didn't stick. You'll get it soon. Nice finale putt

Last edited by McJesus; 09-09-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Par Member

I just bought Proton Tangent (172g) and Neutron Tensor (167g), and in the warm up before competition I was throwing beatiful dead straight shots with Tangent under the basket, but in actual competition I managed to turn it heavily in all drives. Must have been strong-arming and/or inducing some OAT. After the competition I decided to just stick to the field practice for a while with the MVP discs, learning to throw smoother and with more spin.

I only throw standstill shots, trying to imitate Bradley Walker's closed shoulder drill, focusing on the pivot and keeping my shoulder closed, often not using much weight transfer from feet (not intentionally). I throw both discs around 70-80 meters like this, with added run up I think I could squeze another 10 meters or so but with too much inconsistency for my liking (going to learn proper run up in winter). I get similar distances with my FLX Buzzz and 10-20 meters more with S-line FD and TD2.

I'm wondering now what kind of distances one could expect from standstill shots using Tangent and Tensor, and should I stick to these two midranges until I can throw them further and without strong arming them, or should buy some of MVP drivers for longer shots? I'm also thinking about Anode for shorter approaches and for putting.
Closed Thread