Old 02-25-2014, 01:07 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
This might be the best answer. The typical answer is that you need a very OS disc. But, I may just end up taking my whole bag and throwing it ALL overhand. I really need to work on that shot to get out of trouble at this new course I've been playing. Some of the lies are so poor that the only way out is up and over. If this shot becomes more serviceable, I'll try using it off tee, and for approaches too.
FWIW I cant throw OH's for any real distance nor do I even care to. I will use them downhill in tight wooded courses without any real line to the basket but mostly this shot is an approach so putters are great as they don't do much in the air or on the ground. If you watch OH dominate players you can see they use the different finishes of stability/speeds. Its crazy to see how much skip (Brian shweberger--SP?!) can get off those shots.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
What do you guys use for thumbers/tomahawks? I need to learn that throw ASAP. I figured that the Resistor and Shock are the only two logical choices, right?
The Resistor is pretty good for me. The Shock and Volt didn't click with me, and I'm still up in the air about the Servo. To be honest, I prefer a Champ Teebird to just about everything for a reliable thumber, but my Resistor is the closet thing MVP offers. The main difference is that the Resistor moves further left during the barrel roll, and finishes further right and about 10 feet longer than my Teebird. The Teebird is great for ~200' controlled shots and I can get more distance if I am willing to sacrifice control.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
Pretty much every MVP disc is flat, flatter than other brands discs for the most part.
But they're not all resistor flat and that's what I was asking.
I have experience with a few MVP and will say I've never seen a domey one.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:34 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNinja View Post
But they're not all resistor flat and that's what I was asking.
I have experience with a few MVP and will say I've never seen a domey one.
Yes they are-- the shoulders are different height but no such thing as domey MVP drivers. You can literally pop the top on bosses etc when its domey vs flat. Never heard of a pop-top or domey MVP driver. Shoulder height is not the same as dome.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 28
I seem to remember my volt(and the shock I had for a minute) having a slight rise. Where my resistors are board flat and slightly concave in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Yes they are-- the shoulders are different height but no such thing as domey MVP drivers. You can literally pop the top on bosses etc when its domey vs flat. Never heard of a pop-top or domey MVP driver. Shoulder height is not the same as dome.
I know I know I know.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:43 PM
FROLF OFF!

yes b/c the OM shoulder on resistor is even with the flight plate thus its FAF. the actual flight plates do not "dome" up though. The resistors PLH is just stupid high. really not anymore "flat" than a puddle top ION just like an ION isn't more domey than resistor hell they have negative dome lol.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Par Member

Continued from the switch thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
lucky for you I am fiendish on shallow Magics and black putters. I prefer the medium whites, but Proto Magic is my jam.

I want an Envy core with a Magic/PA4 type wing in Soft Neutron, in black w/white, red, black, and neon green rim configs.
... until I can get it in base plastic. THEN put me down for 20 max-weight blackouts.

These interests of yours are in capable, relentless hands.
Why the envy core instead of an anode? I feel the anode is almost there from the ones I have handled. Is the envy shallower?

And I assume you are talking 20 max weight black-out anodes? If so than put me down for some as well.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:50 PM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_08 View Post
Continued from the switch thread

Why the envy core instead of an anode? I feel the anode is almost there from the ones I have handled. Is the envy shallower?

And I assume you are talking 20 max weight black-out anodes? If so than put me down for some as well.
The Envy core vs Anode/Ion -- because I prefer a shallow feel. The Envy is shallower than Anode. Proto Magics are also more shallow/shorter overall than the production Magic. I don't like production Magics at all... it feels tall and clunky, whereas the Protos are compact.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:22 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
I want an Envy core with a Magic/PA4 type wing in Soft Neutron,

These interests of yours are in capable, relentless hands.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 21
Hey Geo, here's a pic of a black-dyed Proton Soft Ion with the stamp left on. They are very glassy looking when using a fresh, new one. Mine were originally the light pink shade they offer (my least fav) and the cool thing is, when you hold them up to a really bright light source (like the sun) it comes through as a super dark cherry red. I call it "demon filter"...just sounds cool, I guess... lol

Edit: Going to order a white rimmed proton envy tonight to see if the rim will dye on one of those. If not, should still look kinda cool anyways. And, if it doesn't, it'll be a nice test disc at the very least.

Closed Thread