Old 03-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Par Member

Never got used to Anode, but my Ion flew as far as my Axis, whereas Tangent and Tensor were maybe tad shorter. But I had to give lots of air for Ion to achieve that distance whereas I could laser beam Axis for those sub 300 distances. And my drivers doesn't fly that much farther but again, lines are bit different.

Same with my Tangent/Tensor + Pa4/Pa1 combo, Pa1 and Tensor fly similar distances but I can throw Tensor on much lower lines, and Tangent is easier to throw dead straight with flat release whereas Pa4 which usually finishes to right.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I don't look at them as being longer/shorter but have unique lines/landing capability at different distances.
This is how I've come to look at discs as well over the last 6-8 months. Has made a big difference. I'd add onto it by saying you need to find out what they do in YOUR hands instead of everyone else's.

In reference to some of the form stuff, for me, I figured out I was dropping my elbow prior to release creating OAT from not maintaining the same plain in the throw and follow through. Thumb placement and pressure also helped get a cleaner release from the hit as well.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
For better or worse, I think I have adapted my throwing style - for drives at least - to MVP discs.

I just took a few test throws with the new Westside Hatchet and Dynamic Discs Witness - plus the Switch to compare with the Witness - and I was throwing the Switch so much better. It was easier to get cleaner releases with, and the glide on it seemed better than the famed Swedish glide.

I am sure some of this was due to having some experience with the Switch over the others, but the glide difference really threw me off. Maybe I am generating the spin required for MVP molds and it doesn't translate the same to other plastic? I'm not sure.

So, I may be ruined for other companies. On the other hand, it makes me even more pumped for the distance drivers.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Eagle Member

^Ordered a Hatchet to test out, and expect I'll have a similar experience. There's just something about the MVP discs that makes them really gratifying to throw. Starts with the feel in the hand and just continues through the flight till they land.

I've tested several other discs this winter and they all pretty much end up in a bin in the basement. The only ones I've kept in the bag have been a Biofizion Escape and a Lucid Renegade. I'm expecting the DD's to give em the boot tho.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:58 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlhammy View Post
Starts with the feel in the hand and just continues...
Don't stop, i like where this is going.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 18
I've got a midrange battle going on in my bag.

My main weapon of choice is my 174 Vector. I use it more than any other disc in my bag. Laser line with a nice fade on the end.

Under that I'm liking a 180 Atlas. It's a lot slower and heavier so it sits down sooner and does fade quite as much as the Vector.

The next slot is the place where I can't decide. I was trying out a Comet and it's OK. I've got some great shots with it but I don't like how it feels and it's so big. I'm going back and forth between a heavy proton Tangent and a heavy Axis. I'm thinking of getting and trying an Alias too.

I throw a 169 tangent a lot in the woods but I need something in between the overstable Vector/Atlas and the understable light Tangent and a Fuse I love for really hard turnovers.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 25
I think an alias is going to fall in between the vector and tangent. It's pretty straight, but can take more power than the tangent.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmer2303 View Post
I think an alias is going to fall in between the vector and tangent. It's pretty straight, but can take more power than the tangent.
Agreed - It's going to be a very familiar feel to the Tangent as well. They complement each other nicely.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:46 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by davmer2303 View Post
so, the axis? lol. different nose gives little more HSS like envy vs ION though.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
so, the axis? lol. different nose gives little more HSS like envy vs ION though.
Axis is noticeably faster, too.
Closed Thread