Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Well the main thing to look at is PLH for stability.

But companies are running thousands of a color at once. So odds are the same colors that have the same weight will show similar PLH, dome, etc because of this.

But saying a 167g yellow, will fly just as stable as a yellow 177 is not going to line up. You have 10 grams which affects not only the speed you can put into, but how it molds up with more/less plastic

Because MVP has the overmold, relying on colors gets even muddier. But if you find a 172g white Amp that feels great in your hand, that probably is a better thing than spending 10 minutes figuring out which AMP in the box has the highest PLH. Feel in the hand to me plays a much larger part than the ticky-tack PLH game. Different colors have different domes and grip, thats huge.
The big thing with the amps IMExp is the flatness. The flat ones fly like volts with more turn but an impressive fade and can go as long or longer on similar lines. The domey ones aren't nearly as good at low or high power lines and tend to be more of a big anhyzer disc for me.

Like you say I think the best judge is just a glance and the feel and each mold will have its peculiarities.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Banned

HEY BIG SKY THANKS 4 POSTING THAT ON THE FORUMSES, IT SHOULD INCREASE MY CHANCES GREATLY.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
HEY BIG SKY THANKS 4 POSTING THAT ON THE FORUMSES, IT SHOULD INCREASE MY CHANCES GREATLY.
You're welcome, my Precious.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 6
So today I really focused on the Inertia on my home course. I must say, now that I have some strength back and my grip issues are subsiding that I do like this disc. I can really get it to go with very little effort. I found that by slowing down my run up that my pull through is much more focused creating the snap that MVP discs require. I threw two drives each hole. Inertia, then one of my two favorite Valkyries. I must say the Inertia put the Valks to the test. I can get about the same lines and distance from either disc. The thing is the Valks I like are oop (5x jk champ and sandstrom star) so at least I can get production run discs I like. I wish the inertia stood up to wind a bit better, but even my valks can't take a stiff headwind. All told with a little more time spent, I can see me grabbing the Inertia over my valks quite soon.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 37
I know this diverges from the bulk of conversation, I would just like to state how much I love neutron plastic it flies and dyes like a dream!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (152.0 KB, 47 views)
Old 05-08-2014, 09:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
I put a 160G Resistor in my bag the past few rounds and I've been loving it. Dead straight HSS and the same reliable fade, but it kicks in much later than my 175G. Parked a few holes with it today, throwing it both FH and BH. Surprised me a few times how long it held straight, but I never did blow past the hole.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Birdie Member

Well, I was trying to post to the picture thread, and the official Axiom thread but the forum won't let me. Says they are too old.

Anyone get any green flight plate, purple rim "Hulk" discs?
Old 05-11-2014, 12:42 PM

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 14
How does everyone write their name on the Proton disc? I assume just on the inner rim?

Old 05-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Banned

write on an mvp disc? heh heh you must be new to this...
Closed Thread