Old 06-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Chad and Brad are smart dudes and smart businessmen. No doubt they expected something like this to happen at one point or another. I would be surprised if it blindsided them like it did the rest of us.
Agreed. This was bound to happen.

MVP's gyro is too novel of an idea and their success too great.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 101
Just thought I would pop in and say that while doing some forehand practice today, the Amp I got recently with tourney winnings was super awesome. Buttery smooth for its entire flight. It was quite beautiful to watch, really.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Chad and Brad are smart dudes and smart businessmen. No doubt they expected something like this to happen at one point or another. I would be surprised if it blindsided them like it did the rest of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
Agreed. This was bound to happen.

MVP's gyro is too novel of an idea and their success too great.
You shouldn't be blindsided by people "borrowing" your ideas when you did the same thing...

*Quest AT Odyssey and Wham-O Max Flight
Old 06-18-2013, 08:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
You shouldn't be blindsided by people "borrowing" your ideas when you did the same thing...

I'm aware of the history. But I'm pretty confident saying that MVP has been more successful, and has done it at a point where the game is growing. This is likely why it has caught Innova's attention, regardless of the origins.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:

The Wright brothers "borrowed" some ideas from past unsuccessful flying machines to help them build theirs. It doesn't matter because the Wright brothers made one that actually worked. I would argue that MVP is the only one who has made gyroscopic overmolding "work" for disc golf, so those prior failures do not get the credit as they did not execute.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
Just thought I would pop in and say that while doing some forehand practice today, the Amp I got recently with tourney winnings was super awesome. Buttery smooth for its entire flight. It was quite beautiful to watch, really.
Yay bunny!! Let practice together soon!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:

in all fairness Quest discs have always sucked and mvp expanded and made decent discs without the garbage feel
Old 06-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
and what about poor RIP discs?! their outer edge is probably even MORE similar to this innova crap that wants to be an MVP over-mold but really don't see how they can even make these with the MVP patents I looked at before they were pretty intricate in covering their @$$es.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 30
Got a round in after work today at NW Vista in San Antonio. Having an average round, step up to six and park my shock for a birdie. Step up to 7 and pull out my ION. Its a tightly wooded 150 slight anhyzer (RHBH). Send it out there, holding its anhyzer, levels out, glides, and smashes the left side chains. Spins out and sits 1 foot left of the basket. Set my birdie in. Park 8 with the same ION for a deuce. Hit a 20 birdie putt on 9. Step up to ten, its a 220 slight down hill hyzer hole with the basket being blind. Pretty much goes straight out about 200 feet, then 90 degree left turn for about 40-50 ft. about a 40-50 wide fairway with trees on both sides that hang over the middle. You can go under it all and hope for a skip around the corner, or throw a high hyzer over it all. I always go over everything and today was no different. Grabbed my shock and sent it out there. Today was the first time I've thrown my shock at this course, so this was my first shot with it on this hole. Its been firebirds up until now. It looks good. Goes up and over everything and starts its left fade. It disappears around the corner and then silence. I thought it must have hit the ground by now because I didnt hear any trees. Sweet, its gotta be parked, or close to it. The instant That thought popped in my head, CHING! Loud. Really really loud chains being smashed. The guys on the card gave me that "oh ****" look. I ran up there and sure enough, Theres my shock sittin in the basket! My first blind ace. Is it just me or are blind aces about 17x louder than aces you can see hit the chains?

Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
MVP is dooooomed, im going to try this new innova disc
Closed Thread