Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiffty View Post
Ads are a necessary evil, my friend. I currently have them displaying on the tee signs which I think is less obtrusive than most games out there. Plus it's a fairly accurate depiction of reality. Whatever your opinion is on the matter, ad-removal is one of the in game purchases that I'm planning on making available so if you hate them...
That seems like a good idea to me, the ads are in there, but aren't annoying and obtrusive. Do you know if you would get money just for having the ads, or is it only when people click the ads? I'm just curious and if you have any companies lined up to purchase the ads.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:45 PM

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.feelgood View Post
Is there going to be a difficulty option?
Yeah. I'm thinking the only significant differences between difficulty levels will be the flight preview (flight path while aiming). Normal mode is the full flight without wind taken into account. Easy mode will show the full flight with wind. Hard would be either no or limited length preview. Or something like that. Play testing will really determine how it plays out.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman0721 View Post
That seems like a good idea to me, the ads are in there, but aren't annoying and obtrusive. Do you know if you would get money just for having the ads, or is it only when people click the ads? I'm just curious and if you have any companies lined up to purchase the ads.
Impressions are good but click throughs are where the money is at. I'll start out with admob or similar services due to the easy integration and management.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiffty View Post
Yeah. I'm thinking the only significant differences between difficulty levels will be the flight preview (flight path while aiming). Normal mode is the full flight without wind taken into account. Easy mode will show the full flight with wind. Hard would be either no or limited length preview. Or something like that. Play testing will really determine how it plays out.
This sounds like the wind will be a constant. I like the idea of wind being gusty. Sometimes, if you push the limits of your 30 seconds, you can find a moment of little wind.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampora View Post
This sounds like the wind will be a constant. I like the idea of wind being gusty. Sometimes, if you push the limits of your 30 seconds, you can find a moment of little wind.
Wind is currently constant per shot. I like the gusting idea though... it's an interesting game mechanic that I haven't thought about. I'm picturing the flight preview line kinda swaying in the wind and then creeping in one direction as the wind picks up requiring some adjustment to the throw. I'm gonna have to play around with this...
Old 06-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Noodle Arm

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 65
Any closer of an idea when this will hit the market? It's hard to find a good disc golf game, especially on the android market.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 55
So who won the caption contest? I liked everyone else's except mine of course, but I was hoping that we might be able to convince them that the disc name selection could start at "scooby".
Old 06-23-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny53691 View Post
Any closer of an idea when this will hit the market? It's hard to find a good disc golf game, especially on the android market.
All I can say is that I'm going to do everything possible to release in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandaman View Post
So who won the caption contest? I liked everyone else's except mine of course, but I was hoping that we might be able to convince them that the disc name selection could start at "scooby".
Working on it. I'll PM the winner later today and get the disc in the game right away for all to see.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:36 PM

Thanks to everyone for participating in the caption contest. Congrats to dickparker for the winning caption:

"If you get an ace, I'm not paying."

If you couldn't guess from the profile pic, dickparker wanted an overstable fairway driver. Introducing... the Ricochet. Watch for it in future gameplay videos.

Closed Thread