Old 05-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Learning to consistently hyzer-flip a fuse as well as being able to throw it on a controlled hyzer will be a great thing for your game over-all. You can throw a fuse on nearly any DG line given the conditions and it is probably one of the longest flying midranges I have ever thrown. Discing up may just hide problems with your form which is not bad given you get the shot you are looking for but will hinder your development of a "clean" throw.
Yeah, it's something I'm working on...I'm just not consistent enough with it yet. I agree, I could throw my Fuse on any line (given no wind) and that's probably why it's my favorite disc. Texas doesn't typically give no wind though.

I think I'm going to pick up a heavy Opto one to try with my lighter (170g) GL Fuse.

I liked the feel of the Shark3 as well....just not sure how long that will stay neutral/stable.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 5
Yeah man a heavier twin is a great way to go! If you have something you like stick with it.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
the buzzz does not feel like a fuse... you buzzz people will say anything to advance your agenda.

roc is much closer, look at the rims.
You know nothing of our agenda.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleC8601 View Post
I throw GL. Too much overlap to throw a Fuse in GL and Opto?

I've been throwing the Fuse for a little more than a year and have thrown both GL and Opto. AS much as I love GL plastic the Opto Fuse just performed better and has kept its flight characteristics. What weight is your GL Fuse? A heavier Opto might be a good fit for you.

Also the Fuse responds better to good snap more than it does power. Power it down and pull it clean and it will fly on a rope and glide forward and far.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleC8601 View Post
Haven't worked on hyzer flipping much. When I do throw my Fuse on a nice hyzer, I can get it to flip and go straight....just not consistently. I'm looking for more of a disc I could rip flat and go straight...but softly finishing left.
Buzzz, a seasoned ESP or X Buzzz will fly like this. Personally I prefer a CryZtal Buzzz, better feel and grip than regular Z.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 144
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bratton View Post
I rescind my recommendation, you are right they don't feel identical. I've thrown a lot of midranges and I don't know one that feels truly identical to a fuse. In my opinion the fuse has an extremely generic profile aside from the unique flare/ramp rim which unsurprisingly feels very similar to most other midrange rims in hand. I don't care what the best midrange is or if anyone else in the world throws a Buzzz and I am sure extremely few people do aside from Discraft and some of their team. I will not recommend a roc. Would you prefer I recommend a MD2? I do not think it feels much more like a fuse than a Buzzz and I like the Buzzz's flight much more. Nevermind, I recommend a flat C-MD2 now. Also I would like to set in writing what everyone already knows, new013 is a troll whether he means to be or not and every once in a while he will find a way to incite a negative reaction from you.

a flat CMD2 feels nothing like a fuse... you CMD2 people will do anything to advance your agenda
Old 05-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEMAMA View Post
I've been throwing the Fuse for a little more than a year and have thrown both GL and Opto. AS much as I love GL plastic the Opto Fuse just performed better and has kept its flight characteristics. What weight is your GL Fuse? A heavier Opto might be a good fit for you.

Also the Fuse responds better to good snap more than it does power. Power it down and pull it clean and it will fly on a rope and glide forward and far.
My GL Fuse is 170g. Haven't tried the Opto Fuse yet...but it seems heavy Opto Core or heavy Opto Fuse is the winner here. I'll also give the Shark3 a little longer to see if it holds it's stability
Old 05-19-2013, 05:17 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
explain to me how a meteor is a more stable compliment to the Fuse?
Well there are multiple levels on the stability scale. For me, the Meteor was more stable then a Fuse which was flippy as hell for me. I can rip on the Meteor and not worry about it turning and burning. Ripped flat or on a hyzer release. I have a heavy Meteor, which was compared to a 175 Fuse that I had.

A Buzzz would be more in the middle stability wise but a very solid mid range, I would also say it would be longer. A Roc would be OS compared to a Fuse.

But....we all have our own opinions.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaiser View Post
Well there are multiple levels on the stability scale. For me, the Meteor was more stable then a Fuse which was flippy as hell for me. I can rip on the Meteor and not worry about it turning and burning. Ripped flat or on a hyzer release. I have a heavy Meteor, which was compared to a 175 Fuse that I had.

A Buzzz would be more in the middle stability wise but a very solid mid range, I would also say it would be longer. A Roc would be OS compared to a Fuse.

But....we all have our own opinions.
I have a 169 GL and 172 Opto Fuse which are both significantly more stable than my 178 ESP Meteor, that thing is flippy as all get out.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Bogey Member

As someone stated earlier, beat in that 10 yr buzzz and it will fly dead straight.