I'm good with this part

It's this part I'm having the trouble with
yea I kinda figured that!!
Old 06-06-2013, 01:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
I could see the potential in the program.
My only problem is finding time to do it.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 7
Send a message via Skype™ to attik34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
I could see the potential in the program.
My only problem is finding time to do it.
my problem is not moving back..i just wanna make long putts ...
Old 06-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdershins View Post
A challenge is easier with a partner or maybe even a group. I'm looking for a partner or a group to do this program with and record it at the Disc Golf Talk Radio site like Chainchaser did. Any takers?

With the World Championships starting in early August I'm looking to start it soon. It is a 30 day program.

Help yourself. Help me. Let's do it together. Let me know.
Nobody wants to play with Widdershins? Interesting.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by attik34 View Post
I stayed at 15 when i started but towards the end I was closer to 20 ft. just because i was feeling really comfortable at 15. Now that I am done i am stepping back a bit to try more 25ftrs.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by attik34 View Post
Once you start hitting putts on course, and having the confidence, the longer ones just happen. I was getting really bored doing this "program", but my putting has been awesome the last few weeks (don't hit everything, but every one feels great out of my hands and has a chance to go in)

all i did was (not exactly the program, just kind of took the concept he introduced)

- changed putters (exact same putter but different color, 100% mental)
- took EVERY putt with my entire in-round putting routine and didn't count if it wasn't perfect form
- started at 5 feet and hit probably 50 putts
- went to 10 feet, kept doing that for about 300 putts (over a couple days)
- went to 15 feet, and stayed here for at least a week. about 100 a day.

currently i'm bouncing between 15 and 20'. I'll hit 10 in a row from 15, then go to 20 until i miss, back to 15 for 10 in a row, and then back to 20 until I miss.

On course, I've got supreme confidence when i step up to a putt. Even from further than 20'. I know that if i throw the putt with perfect form, I have a shot to make anything. I am entirely focused on the release and throw itself. If it is a good putt, and I miss it, that's fine. I count that as a good putt. The more good putts I throw, the more putts will eventually fall in. Marking missed putts as "good putts" in my mind really helps the confidence.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 11
I'm doing something similar to what wake911 is doing and created a hybrid of the Ellis program and the Scott Papa game "All In". I take two or three mini markers and pace them out to the same distance, usually around 12-15'. Then I alternate between each marker and count how many consecutive putts I can make using only two putters (same mold and weight). Once I hit 18 putts in a row I pace all the markers back one pace. (Climo has said "Here are some general putting goals Iíve set up for any player: 15 footers Ė you need to hit every one. 20 footers you need to hit 80%. 25 footers Ė you need to hit more than half. And try and make at least half of your 30 footers. Make anything outside 30 feet and itís a bonus whether youíre a pro or an am." I figure that 18 putts in a row is enough to make every putt in a round.) I set my timer for 15 minutes and when it goes off, the distance of my markers and the number of consecutive putts I've made at that farthest distance are what I call my progress.

The reasons I practice putting like this:
Varying your putting location increases your ability to judge how much power you need to put on your putt. If you have one marker below the basket and one above, it forces you to make the same changes you would on the course.
I feel like the value of making consecutive putts diminishes after a certain number. It's great to make 50-60 putts in a row, but when improving your game, as well as your confidence, you need to progress. Standing at 12' and banging chains for 15 minutes doesn't help me discover what adjustments need to be made at 25' and beyond.
By changing locations and distances, it helps you focus better. If you stay in the same spot or at the same distance, it is easy to lose focus and lapse into bad mechanics. 30+ putts in a row from 12' aren't going to help if the bad form you lapsed into messes you up from outside that. Having to take into account elevation, wind, light, etc at different spots makes you focus and reveals the adjustments that you need to make.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 39
I definitely agree it was bit boring at times but it is only 30 days. Now that i am done with it i am doing more of what you guys are talking about as far as moving around and what not. I can say even though i did stay in pretty much the same spot either at 15 or 20 ft when i went to the course it really didn't seem to matter. It was all about the confidence i gained and no matter where i was putting from I had and still have the confidence to make it. I still think people are over thinking this. It really is only about confidence and when you have confidence in what and how you are doing it the rest will fall in line.

I have made a bunch of straddle putts and I did not even practice that but even though I didn't I still have the confidence to make it and I have made more straddle putts since i did this than all the years before that. I have made putt's coming out of bushes and all kinds of elevation where before this i would not have even come close. Do I miss some 20 ftrs well of course but know the confidence is there to know what i did wrong and correct it.

I know I am being a fanboy here but man before I did this I just would get frustrated missing 15- 2o ft putts all the time but now I can miss them shake it off and come back and nail them the next time. It has made this game that much more fun as now i have shaved a bunch of throws off my usual scores. I have the ability now to take birdies where before they would be pars and pars where i would usually have bogeys and bogeys where i would have double bogeys, that right there was worth the boredom it took to get to this point. Now i just need to work on driving form and upshots. Still long way to go but this was the first positive step in the right direction.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Noodle Arm

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 64
I'm on 20 of 30 sessions, and I do understand why it can become "boring". If it gets to the point that I need a slight break while putting, I'll play a little game. I'll start at 10' and take out two putters. If I sink both, I move back to 15'. Every time I make both disc, I go back 5' at a time. If I only make one putt, then I'll stay in the same spot, and if I miss both, I go back in 5'. I do that just to see how the putting practice has effected my game. I notice that I'm usually do really well until I get to the point of where my putting program is, then things can get a little shaky. It breaks up the 15-30 minutes of straight putting, but then I get back to the grind...

Old 06-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 124
This program works. End of story.