Old 12-20-2013, 10:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 155
Throwing Style: RHBH
Trip Charlotte to Buffalo

Plan on playing. I have 2 days leaving at 5AM Saturday and arriving 5PM Sunday in Buffalo (so I have to leave Deerlakes by 1PMish, If I had to skip something (1) each day what would it be?

Sat...
Pipestem
Wonderland
Ravens Ridge
Sun...
Orange Crush
Seth Burton
Deer Lakes

(Ive played moraine)
Old 12-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 189
Orange Crush and Seth Burton are in the same park.
I know you asked which one to skip, I'm responding to tell you which one to play - Orange Crush. Mostly I just want to see how a Charlotte guy rates it. (I chose it over Burton because of the rating, and because it has a cooler name)
Old 12-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 189
That wasn't clear. I actually played OC, about a year ago. I only had time for one round. It whooped me but I played in mud and snow and I was in a hurry - never seems to help my round. As the reviews say, it's very thickly wooded. Longs and shorts, dirt tees, lots of elevation. I think about 12 of the holes reminded me of the gauntlet at Hornets but add hills.
I think the gate was closed but several people (dog walkers mostly) parked in the gravel outside the gate. I asked a few of them - they said the parks folks were fine with that, FYI
Old 12-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 161
Throwing Style: RHBH
You really should play Deer Lakes....that means if you have to skip one of the 2 Fairmont courses you should play Orange Crush and skip Seth Burton. Orange Crush is like Nevin with steeper walks between holes and none of the more open field holes that Nevin has a couple of. It's much less polished and maintenance can be spotty some times but it is definitely a must play along with Deer Lakes. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:35 PM

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 312
Skip Seth Burton, fun though it may be. It's a good, solid park course. You can find one of those lots of places.
But Orange Crush is pretty unique and a must play. The front 9 is solid but holes 10-16 are among my favorites in disc golf. I stop here every time I drive down I-79. If I'm pressed for time or not feeling up to the full beating that is Orange Crush, I'll play 2-8 on Seth Burton and then jump over to hole 10 of Orange Crush and then play back to the parking lot.