Old 05-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
edit : nevermind. It's about the drinking being illegal, which by itself is so ridiculous that I'll leave shaking my head and saying "only in america..."

Last edited by Smigles; 05-26-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc qualified View Post
That's why you carry mixed drinks in a nalgene bottle. It's discreet and you leave no litter behind.
Drinking in public 101.
Mixed drinks? How bout straight whiskey in a flask. That's how I roll. There's even enough to share.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 27
I would just be happy with no glass bottles

Would rather pick up 200 cans or plastic bottles than the pieces of one broken bottle

//seriously puzzles me why someone would carry glass through a park for a couple of hours.. weight, breakage risk, does not compact for carry-in/carry-out, loose bottle caps (and no, your bottled beer is not that good you prissy f$*%s)
Old 05-27-2013, 10:53 AM

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx_roc View Post
our trouble is with HS kids that drink/smoke in the parking lot. they don't even play, just hang out there.
All around by us as well. Thats why we cant move the courses we have to other prime locations
Old 05-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_rider View Post
Well, just refer any naysayers to their city councils and legislation in order to pull all municipal ball golf courses as well. I've seen far more beer consumption on municipal ball golf courses than I've ever seen on disc golf courses.
Not sure how the laws are there but here the golf courses have a license to sell beer and it's the only alcohol they allow on the course. Although many still pack their own in. The parks however are fairly straight forward. No consuming of alcohol. I've never seen it be an issue other than drunk dads at the kids baseball games in the summer. Most times if you're disc golfing and not doing anything stupid they will look the other way if you have some beers and pick up after yourself. Really the only issue here is glass over cans and how much those seem to break and miss the receptacles.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
I can't stand governing overlords stepping on personal liberty.

If I'm not hurting anyone else, I should be free to do as I want.

I don't drink when I play, but I have no issue with people who choose to. If they put their cans in the trash, they affect NO ONE.

I don't smoke and hate cigarettes, but making a law banning business owners from allowing smoking in THEIR establishments is simply wrong.

Disc golf is not going away, it's growing. If parks don't want us, we will go elsewhere.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 119
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discwrangler View Post
Disc golf is not going away, it's growing. If parks don't want us, we will go elsewhere.
Considering most parks aren't making money on disc golf courses, and in many cases, they cost the parks department money each year (upkeep like mowing, emptying trash, etc, isn't free), I don't think the "threat" of taking our game elsewhere is going to faze them in the least.

Besides, regardless of this issue, the future of our game isn't in the parks, it's "elsewhere".
Old 05-27-2013, 01:29 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discwrangler View Post
I can't stand governing overlords stepping on personal liberty.

If I'm not hurting anyone else, I should be free to do as I want.

I don't drink when I play, but I have no issue with people who choose to. If they put their cans in the trash, they affect NO ONE.

I don't smoke and hate cigarettes, but making a law banning business owners from allowing smoking in THEIR establishments is simply wrong.

Where is elsewhere? 85% of the courses listed in the US are public courses. Burning those bridges doesn't seem like it's worth it just to have a beer while playing.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigles View Post
edit : nevermind. It's about the drinking being illegal, which by itself is so ridiculous that I'll leave shaking my head and saying "only in america..."

Is drinking in public legal everywhere in Switzerland? I'm sure that the US isn't the only country that doesn't openly allow drinking in public everywhere.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.3
Courses Played: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcr_russell View Post
Is drinking in public legal everywhere in Switzerland? I'm sure that the US isn't the only country that doesn't openly allow drinking in public everywhere.
Everywhere that I have been in Europe, you could pretty much drink anywhere. On the beaches in southern France, if you ordered a beer, you got it in a glass bottle, with a glass, ON THE BEACH.

I think its mostly us that has a problem with the alcohol, and the muslim countries, of course.

Note to our European friends. Watch the movie Beer Fest.