Disc Golf Store
Old 06-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
I wasn't looking for cinematic quality. I was looking for info about the bags and was very impressed. I like the idea of each owner giving the review of their bag, that's the easiest way to get the best opinion of each bag. Good job, all of you.......jb
Old 06-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 18
Kudos on the video, well put together.

I got to log a few miles with my Spinal Tap today, on a hilly course none the less (Turner Park, for those in DFW). Hopefully sometime this week I'll be able to upload a comparison video of my Grip vs the Spinal Tap...possibly throwing in a Mojo for size comparison.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Thank you dgfanatic for taking the initiative to make this happen.
Ditto. It's not the be-all and end-all, but it's a damn good starting point for people looking into a back pack bag and should provide a decent resource for them to get unbiased, unpaid opinions from real discers who have no allegiance or bias other than what does/doesn't work for them... which really isn't a bias at that point, because it's based it on actual "I've lived with this bag on and off the course" real world experience.
It'd be nice to see a Simian in there as well, but I know you put word out to everyone and were limited to who could show up.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 3
Still a toss-up for me. I dont plan to get one until Christmas so they can get out on the markey and I can get more reviews but Im stuck between the 2nd run PF Contender and the 3rd run HB Flak. I would like to hold atleast 21 discs in the main and I like the storage of both. What are the cons I see? From the vid the Contender looked a little saggy hanging off the stool, may need some reinforcement plates around the bag. Cons of the Flak? I DONT LIKE THE 3RD RUN COLORS!!!! I couldnt stand walking aorund with any of those. I wish they did the custom colors on the 3rd runs. I would be SOLD!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Finally got mine to upload.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersheehy View Post
Still a toss-up for me. I dont plan to get one until Christmas so they can get out on the markey and I can get more reviews but Im stuck between the 2nd run PF Contender and the 3rd run HB Flak. I would like to hold atleast 21 discs in the main and I like the storage of both. What are the cons I see? From the vid the Contender looked a little saggy hanging off the stool, may need some reinforcement plates around the bag. Cons of the Flak? I DONT LIKE THE 3RD RUN COLORS!!!! I couldnt stand walking aorund with any of those. I wish they did the custom colors on the 3rd runs. I would be SOLD!

The contender has hard plastic inserts on both sides, bāck and bottom so sagging is not an issue, watch the you tube video reviews and I show just how hard the inserts are.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:05 AM
* Ace Member *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dndn4K-VUws
Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 AM
* Ace Member *

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PQ4aK...%3DPQ4aKVtuCqs
Ergo
Old 06-03-2013, 11:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Btw thanks for the positive feedback guys, keep it coming. I am making mental and physical notes for my next 5 bag comparison

Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleC8601 View Post
Kudos on the video, well put together.

I got to log a few miles with my Spinal Tap today, on a hilly course none the less (Turner Park, for those in DFW). Hopefully sometime this week I'll be able to upload a comparison video of my Grip vs the Spinal Tap...possibly throwing in a Mojo for size comparison.
Looking forward to this and hearing possibly about a Mojo vs Spinal Tap comparison?? I currently have a Mojo that I like and would like to hear someone who has went from a mojo to a S/T and see if it's "worth it". Thanks guys........................jb