Old 05-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Mark Ellis Confidence putting program...

Here is a log of doing the program

Today will be my 30th session of doing this program. What an unbelievable difference this has made in my putting confidence. Yesterday at idlewild I made so many putts in the 20-25 ft range I was just amazed. Shots that in the past I had no confidence in making I was consistently hitting. Anything under 20 was easy money. Even hit a couple 30-50 ftr's also. I can say without a doubt this program works and if you struggle with putting like me or just want to improve your putting do the program. The above link show my complete progression through the program with the last entry that I will add later tonight.

THANK YOU MARK ELLIS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 53
I need to do this. Developing confidence to hit everything in the circle is a lot of what makes the top pros, top pros
Old 05-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

The cool thing is, is that you don't even have to do it 30 days straight. For me things happened and I had to miss some days but I would continue at my next earliest convenience. The most I missed straight was 3 days jus due to rain and some road trips but the 4th day I was back on it. I can say now that within the circle I have all the confidence I need to make a putt and even if I miss it I know know what I need to do to correct it. That was another added bonus to this program was that I learned on my own the style that works for me and if I screw up I learned how to correct it on my own which is worth the time alone.

I try not to push my forum on anyone but if you need a place to keep track then it is there for you. You can start your own post or use the one me and another guy are using to keep track of our progress. I plan to now work on my driving form but plan to revisit this again in about a month.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Session #30 is done and I have completed the complete program. If you struggle at putting make sure you do this program. I can only say that this was one of the best things i have done to improve on the course since I started playing. It has really changed my attitude about stepping and putting. Before I had no confidence and generally would be shaky and with a lack of focus, now it seems it is second nature and I have the confidence to make the putt. It was definitely worth the effort and all it cost was a little time.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Noodle Arm

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 64
I've been doing the program as well, and I can see quite the improvement.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 62
I definitely need to get my putting confidence up... if I'm off by a little to start I seem to get stuck in a putting rut all day. I'm glad to see programs like this are working for people, now I just need to get my butt in gear and do it too!

Keep it up, good work!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 12
The confidence program is on my short list of things to do to improve my game. I don't have a basket at my house, but taking a half hour at the local course's practice basket every day is no big deal. Especially if it can shave a half dozen strokes off my game.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 12
So I started doing the confidence putting program 2 days ago, and I'm also incorporating David Feldberg's putting style from his clinic on Vimeo. I am already seeing really good results. This morning to finish off the second 15 minute segment I hit 21 out of 22 putts from 18-20' which was amazing for me. I was also working on 25' putts and hit 5 in a row a few times. I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks and the progress that I will see.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 17
I have been working with this for the past couple weeks in my backyard after work and it has already transitioned to the course. I was hitting putts from 20-25ft all day and even my confidence outside of 30ft has risen.

Not only is my form better but I am no longer worried about a missed putt because I KNOW ill nail it coming back.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 59
A similar drill: Scott Papa has one in the back of one of the recent PDGA mags. I've liked it, because it incorporates both the "default" or go-to putt, and an "alternate" or secondary putt. My straddle putts have improved drastically, which is critical around here, since seldom is there a circle putt without a tree, bush, log, etc to deal with.