Old 06-26-2013, 02:08 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Substitute pro destroyers

I have 4 pro destroyers that I used to love but as I increase snap and such they seem to be too flippy. Out of the box they are perfect but not long after they become flippy. I've considered swords. But what is something that flies like a 170 pro destroyer out of the box that will hold the same flight characteristics for longer. Somebody's gonna say star destroyers but aren't they more os? Ifk. Help me out guys.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:38 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
im also interested in a beefy destroyer.. are the 2013 Josh Anthon Tour Series beefy? What about bottom stamp star? newest run champion?
Old 06-26-2013, 02:45 AM

Millennium Scorpius?
Old 06-26-2013, 02:49 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 12
Ur sig says sword. What's it's like compared to destroyers
Old 06-26-2013, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal dg View Post
Ur sig says sword. What's it's like compared to destroyers
the Tournament sword goes straight, less LSS.. it turns like my eco destroyer but doesnt come back hard, and if your not careful wont come back at all. I use it for long distance turn overs that i want to finish straight. and if i add anny it will hold a long anny and pan out flat.. but its getting beat in, the VIP Sword is a different disc and i do not throw it, i hear it is more stable though, like a seasoned destroyer.

im intersted in something like a destroyer only with minimal turn, but not so stable that it fades too hard and i lose distance..

i might just buy a Scorpius and give it a try.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:02 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 1
Quasar
Old 06-26-2013, 06:05 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 38
The latest runs of Anthon Destroyers are pretty beefy. I use mine as my most OS driver. It gets a little turn if I really gooseit but thats more me throwing some OAT in there with full power.

I have an older Pro Destroyer that is perfect. For some reason the Pros from a couple years ago seem more durable. I dunno. The closest thing to my well-loved pro destroyer is actually the new Climo Terns from the Factory Store. Same great glide, if not better, but more stable at the end than the regular Tern. It still has more turn than my Pro Destroyer, but its fairly close. Its also in the new Jolly Launcher blend so it will last awhile.

Another option that worked for me is the BioFuzion Trespass from Dynamic Discs. It starts off like a brand new Star Desteoyer but seems to beat in to the sweet spot super quick and stay there. Hope that helps!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 16
I flip my pro Destroyer way easier than my Champion Tern, so I say Champion Tern. Maybe I got a freak Pro Destro, but that's just the way it is. My Tern is easily as stable as my Q Scorpius, and a little longer.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 51
If you want a more durable "Pro Destroyer" then you need to find a "Destrulcan." Later labeled as the Teedevil. So much hate because of the mislabeling, but flies like a lightly seasoned Pro Destroyer, IMO.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 74
I was dealing with your exact situation late last season, OP.

I tried all sorts of other discs. And while I've not tried some of the new discs that people are liking, like the D1 and Trespass, etc., I've never found anything that flew like a Destroyer. There's a reason that when pros throw a mixed bag, 9.9/10 times they throw the Destro.

So instead of changing discs, just change plastics. I moved from Pro Destroyers to Echo Star Destroyers. They're more stable than Pro Destroyers out of the box, and retain their stability longer. Yet they're not so stable when brand new that you have to beat them up before they're capable of any distance.

The only annoying part is that, if you're anything like me, you love how Pro Destros are domey. Many Echo Destros are just as poppy top, but many are not. So you have to find them at a store so you can test the dome in person. Or you can always find them on the Marketplace and just ask the seller what the dome is like. The need to treasure hunt for the perfect Destroyer frustrated me to the point where I tried a number of other molds and manufacturers. Same problem with every one. Innova gets a bad rap for consistency, but they're really no worse than all the other disc makers in my experience.

Find yourself a poppy top Echo Star Destro in the 167-172g range. I carry 3 now.

I have to warn you about the Anthons. I bought two recently, and they're outside of my power level. They're angry overstable. Maybe I got two freaks, but the two I have are basically utility drivers -- just as mean as my SDS and starlights.