Old 08-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 25
I'm gonna actually chime in...

You started this re-election campaign and got momentum on dgcr 2 months ago. You're telling me that you got discouraged within 2 months to quit? If you wanted to lose, why start a campaign? You posted in this thread discussing pdga ideas and motions as late as 7/24. Did you really want to be elected, or did you just want to lose and be in a monday morning qb position saying "told ya so"?

You really did a disservice to the people that didn't get elected. The people who got less votes than you got the raw end of the deal and I would assume would have gladly accepted the challenges that the BOD position faces. Here in Charlotte, I was not well received originally and I was seen as a bulldog who wanted everything different. I got clobbered in an election, but I really wanted to be an officer of the club. It shows true colors to walk away when things get hard, meanwhile, so many other people are willing to put in the work.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to come off like a jerk, but I think they way you have handled yourself is in poor taste. Good luck in the future, but you will have to prove to people with your actions (not words) over time if you ever want to be considered again for an elected disc golf position.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 221
Throwing Style: RHBH
Exclamation

I do understand how people were/are not in favor of the changes to the PDGA Constitution which allows the Board of Directors to appoint other BoD members, and which could set itself up for potential abuse some day.

To date, however, it is being used for its intended purpose. Not every new BoD comes with an accounting degree, and who wouldn't want a licensed CPA since June 1978 serving as the treasurer of the PDGA?!?

I've never even met Bob Decker, but it's becoming annoying how much harping there is over his appointment to the BoD. So what if he's not elected...the guy obviously knows a) accounting / being a treasurer, and b) a thing or two about disc golf. If he didn't, he wouldn't have been previously elected multiple times to the BoD, and then subsequently appointed to later terms!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally posted by ObiWan1138
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.
Do or do not. There is no try.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH

Well played.....by a fellow BoD candidate of Shive's nonetheless
Old 08-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 114
What's the expression?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

That's 1,433 hanging heads of shame today.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:52 PM
* Ace Member *

I think you got that a little bit wrong there. It goes like this:

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Peter - thank you for coming forward on this forum to address this and discuss this. It certainly seems that it would have been much easier to just resign and disappear.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbanbury View Post
I've read your post and the board minutes several times and feel more upset with with every reading. Mostly i don't understand your timing and reasoning at all. You strive to be a voice for the little people of disc golf and yet in resigning right after being elected you have effectively squandered their vote and silenced the voice of those who elected you to the board. Providing a perspective the other board members may be ignoring or dismissing is of value whether your initiatives are passed in session or not. It seems far-fetched to believe that they will ask you to provide antithetical opinions once you are no longer on the board. I appreciate your service and wish you the best in other disc golf endeavors but i strongly disagree with the manner in which you carried out this decision.
Basically, you've wasted our time. Not everyone has the time to fight for the common good, so when someone comes along claiming to do so, they are supported. The support you received has now proven to be wasted. If I had known you were going to do this, I would have voted for someone else. the COI stuff, as well as some of your other talking points are actually important to me, but now I have no faith than anything will get done until someone else comes along. I thought you were that someone, and now you are proving to just be a whiny man with a negative agenda, just as your opponents have been accusing you of all along.

Please reverse your decision and take your elected role. It is the just thing to do.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 13
This is ridiculous. And is more confirmation of my belief that the PDGA itself is ridiculous.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 316
I have nothing nice to day rather than I'm glad Shawn will be on the PDGA Board. He'll do a fantastic job!