Old 06-15-2013, 12:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHBH
Community Feedback: HyzerCinema/SpinTV content

So, my fellow highly-opinionated and DG-obsessed DGCR peers-

I want to hear from you! As you may or may not know, I'm James Thomas - the guy behind HyzerCinema and a featured producer on SpinTV.

Let's talk about what you would like to see from the premier disc golf content site in the coming months. Here's your opportunity to help tune content towards what you would like to see! I'm in the process of organizing the rest of my 2013 as far as shooting disc golf and I'd like to make things that the community at-large will appreciate and find helpful, useful, or entertaining.

Also any comments, questions, etc. about either HyzerCinema or SpinTV I'll answer as best I can!

So, what would you like to see? How are we doing? Is there anything you would like to know?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 01:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Live coverage!

Sorry, I had to. Keep doing your thing, the production quality is top notch. Maybe something like a course tour of DeLa or another legendary site would be fun, though.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Live coverage!

Sorry, I had to. Keep doing your thing, the production quality is top notch. Maybe something like a course tour of DeLa or another legendary site would be fun, though.
Haha, good one.

You mean maybe like these? . I did these a couple years ago in advance of the 2011 world championships. I've been thinking about one at Golden Gate Park though to show the improvements since Patrick Brown has been taking such awesome care of the course.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Par Member

- Course tours preferably with aerial fly through. Octocopter + Pro camera prefered. Quad copter + GoPro would be acceptable.

- Longer form interviews
- More technique tutorials
Old 06-15-2013, 01:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
Haha, good one.

You mean maybe like these? . I did these a couple years ago in advance of the 2011 world championships. I've been thinking about one at Golden Gate Park though to show the improvements since Patrick Brown has been taking such awesome care of the course.
Yeah like these, but with more of a flyover/multicam feel. The footage the Spin did from Copenhagen was amazing. I don't know if that was you, but in that vein would be nice.

Also, kudos for reaching out to the community for feedback. I know you know what you're getting yourself into...which leaves me all the more impressed.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:52 AM
Par Member

Live coverage could be realistic depending on 4g availability at venue. Not sure what kind of budget spintv is spending on this content though.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 81
Quote:
Haha, good one.

As someone that has played with Pat on several occasions he's a real jerk. Personally I love what he's done to make GGP look fantastic and well maintained but he really craps on the the rec players on the course, treating them with some real disrespect. Now Pat has always been nice to me but I can play alongside him and don't really give him reason to be rude but I'd prefer you do something with Jeff Faes or any of the other good players in the area over Pat. Again thanks to Pat for all the hard work but he really needs to be a more polite and respectful person to the common player.....(no walking out on your dubs partner because you are loosing to me and my rec player or telling someone they suck to their face because they don't have the talent he possesses).

We have the Silicon Valley Classic in August and I think that would be a good tournament to cover due to the accessibility of the course and the ease to film it. Hellyer is very easy to film and I expect the player lineup to be quite good this year as we have had several good 1000+ rated pros show up for it in the past. Even if Pat did nothing but complain about how La raza was too hard and was killing his rating.

Personally I have really enjoyed the work you have done along with Scott B. Keep at it and keep producing nice vids bro.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by anathematize View Post
- Course tours preferably with aerial fly through. Octocopter + Pro camera prefered. Quad copter + GoPro would be acceptable.
Sure, make the check out to me and I'll be glad to do that for ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Yeah like these, but with more of a flyover/multicam feel. The footage the Spin did from Copenhagen was amazing. I don't know if that was you, but in that vein would be nice.

Also, kudos for reaching out to the community for feedback. I know you know what you're getting yourself into...which leaves me all the more impressed.
I wasn't involved in copenhagen - but they are awesome and I'm glad I can say I'm on their team!

Quote:
Live coverage could be realistic depending on 4g availability at venue. Not sure what kind of budget spintv is spending on this content though.
Live coverage isn't something that I've been approached about, but the way the shooters are set up worldwide, and our type of equipment wouldn't lead to broadcasting without more investment.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Sure, make the check out to me and I'll be glad to do that for ya
I believe Innova should be providing the budget for their exclusive content.

I mean... its not like a copter rig would be a bad investment for the biggest company in disc golf. 15k to Innova is nothing.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I believe Innova should be providing the budget for their exclusive content.

I mean... its not like a copter rig would be a bad investment for the biggest company in disc golf. 15k to Innova is nothing.
As far as I've been told to this point, it's not exclusive content, I've never been directed to favor Innova pros or stay away from others, etc. Imagine it this way - that SpinTV was going to happen regardless, but because of his connections and reputation Jussi was able to secure backing from Innova.

It's a situation more akin to "Macho Man Garage on SpikeTV brought to you by Chevy" kinda thing...Innova backs it, Discmania runs it, trusted freelancers shoot it. It's not an in-house gig or anything. I am not an employee of Innova, and my content is not solely work for hire, most of it is on spec and sold to SpinTV.

Hopefully this clears up the misconceptions.

--

I'll admit I'm slightly disheartened at the lack of responses at-large. Maybe if I phrase it a different way:

"If you ran SpinTV, what would you program?"