Disc Golf Store
Old 06-16-2013, 08:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 59
Change the intro ... I've got my headphones on about to watch a video and then BWAMWUBWUBWUBBWAAAAAAAAAMWUBWUBWUB ... I hate it with a passion
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
It's called Spin TV. So far all I see is a few youtube clips. There are many youtube channels with discgolf on it, you need more to really separate yourself from them.

TV is usually live, and streaming 24/7. Tournament coverage would be expected. And good one at that, not the "50% offline and now we have technical problems" crap that we got from discgolfplanet.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartman View Post
Change the intro ... I've got my headphones on about to watch a video and then BWAMWUBWUBWUBBWAAAAAAAAAMWUBWUBWUB ... I hate it with a passion
Sorry to hear that, but not in my control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigles View Post
It's called Spin TV. So far all I see is a few youtube clips. There are many youtube channels with discgolf on it, you need more to really separate yourself from them.

TV is usually live, and streaming 24/7. Tournament coverage would be expected. And good one at that, not the "50% offline and now we have technical problems" crap that we got from discgolfplanet.
Interesting take. I'll disagree with you that "TV is usually live". There's plenty of pre-recorded broadcasts even on sports channels.

I'd like to reiterate that we are not a tournament coverage broadcaster. I understand your issues with DGP (and totally sympathize) but we're not competing with them. There will obviously be a small bit of overlap as we will sometimes be filming the same thing (tournaments, namely) but our formats, methods, and deliveries are apples and oranges. What separates us is we're taking what has mainly been hobbies for people and doing it professionally.

(...and as for HyzerCinema, to the disappointment of some, we're not interested in setting the camera behind people throwing and hitting record so we're even further from discgolfplanet)
Old 06-18-2013, 12:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 222
Throwing Style: RHBH
Break down the best putts in the game and the different styles- Rick, McBeth, Rico, Nikko, Etc. tournament footage of them putting and talking about their putts as well as a private putting session. Compare/contrast the styles. Have video of missed putts as well, and let them comment on what went wrong and why they missed.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Break down the best putts in the game and the different styles- Rick, McBeth, Rico, Nikko, Etc. tournament footage of them putting and talking about their putts as well as a private putting session. Compare/contrast the styles. Have video of missed putts as well, and let them comment on what went wrong and why they missed.
Interesting. I think you have two different videos here, not one.

I've got some ideas off this, I'll digest and see if we can get the talent and the concept to come together.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Par Member

If possible I would really like to see a full detail video on the making of discs from start to finish. The whole process in detail. It would be cool to how a PD is made

Last edited by TwoTechnics; 06-18-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'd like to see more of the backstory vids, like the mini biopics on Paul and Dave's creating the beveled edge disc.

Also, with tourney footage, maybe sit down with a pro and have them commentate during that. Like we could see Paul throw in the vid, while he is giving commentary about what he was thinking, shot selection, disc selection etc.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTechnics View Post
If possible I would really like to see a full detail video on the making of discs from start to finish. The whole process in detail. It would be cool to how a PD is made
they have a mold, clamp it together, pump plastic into it, cool it, unclamp it, stamp it.

It'd really be cool to see a tour of the innova facility, but I can see them getting sensitive about techniques/methods used in production, afraid others will try to copy or something.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 36
First, I don't care about live coverage.
I just want good coverage.
The expense involved in quality broadcast/ESPN-quality coverage is prohibitive, and I have never been impressed with any live coverage that I've seen (even though I am a Lifetime Member of DGPTV.
Second, I do not want "chatty" commentators.Just give me someone that knows what they are talking about, knows some good background info and knows when to let the action speak for itself.
Third, no music.After the intro is done, cut the music...PLEASE. I'm likely not gonna like your playlist.
Fourth, follow the same group the entire round.I want to see the interactions, the reactions and watch the drama unfold in that group. If you're gonna film a bunch of random shots, I can see that at the home course monthly.
Fifth, I don't need to see every drop-in putt.Use your head and let me use mine.
Sixth, I like to see the score after every hole. The hole score and cumulative total after each hole is completed.
Seventh, I like to see the "caddybook view" of the course before each hole is played.Helps me follow the mental part of the process.
Last, but most important, I appreciate all the work that you and the other videographers put into your vids. The aforementioned preferences are only preferences. You make it to suit your tastes, I'll adapt. But you did ask for suggestions.

As far as general, non-tourney footage, how about some personal-interest stuff about some of the people at the top of the DG pyramid.
what's in the bag?
what's your home course?
how do you prep for a big tourney? the week before , the day before, the morning before?
instructional vids are always popular, putting, driving, disc selection, rollers, thumbers, tommies, etc.
Long post, hope it helps.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTechnics View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I'd like to see more of the backstory vids, like the mini biopics on Paul and Dave's creating the beveled edge disc.

Also, with tourney footage, maybe sit down with a pro and have them commentate during that. Like we could see Paul throw in the vid, while he is giving commentary about what he was thinking, shot selection, disc selection etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vw02 View Post
they have a mold, clamp it together, pump plastic into it, cool it, unclamp it, stamp it.

It'd really be cool to see a tour of the innova facility, but I can see them getting sensitive about techniques/methods used in production, afraid others will try to copy or something.
I had a hunch that these posts have confirmed - that the community would appreciate some more behind-the-scenes style stuff. I'm very interested in being the guy who "breaks those stories" if I could borrow the phrase, so I will definitely work on doing things like that. I personally am a big fan of Esa's video on SpinTV with Dunipace - it left me wanting more!

Thank you for each of your opinions/input.